So I messed up my phone.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So... I tried to use a "One Click Stock Restore" thing on Android Central.... since my phone was messing up and I wanted to un root. The process it seemed finished, and From that point forward all it did was stay on the Google startup screen.

My question now is Where do I go from here? I would be more than happy to just have the stock Gingerbread on my phone. I just want to be able to use it. I really need it.

All I can do is get into that little menu that says FastBoot, and it says the Bootloader is locked and all those things (holding volume up and power) What can I do from here to install the Stock rom?

I have a MAC and Windows PC, please help :(

I am a noob but I am willing to try anything

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I found my problem. Now my problem is eveeeerytime I try to install a rom, stock, rooted, non rooted, ANY...it installs the same ole rom I am trying to get rid of. I keep deleting stuff from my USB Storage and it just keeps coming back everytime I mount it on my PC. So something in the Storage is messing up my phone.

Does anyone know how to do a clean wipe of the USB Storage? (I have access to my phone now and I am on 4.0.4) ... I navigate to the storage on the phone or on my PC or Mac, delete stuff and when I re mount the Storage everything is magically there!!!

It is so frustrating. Any tips on how to completely wipe the storage? (I also tried the factory reset within the phone and EVERYTHING is stiiiilll on it :()

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
(and no my phone is not rooted but since all the files are still on the root of the storage I know it is among other things on my usb storage what is causing me problems)

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I will leave you guys with this since you guys are my last hope and since I called and I dont have insurance on my phone I thought I did :(.

I installed the 4.0.4 Leak using Odin on this site. I figured it was going to erase everythign and I was going to start a new (its what I wantthe USB Storage to be deleted) but when it was done it rebooted and the same ole thing started. There is a backup somewhere on the USB Storage that is ******* everything up. And when I try to revert back to STOCK (which is also ideal) It stays on the Google screen and never starts.

Something in the storage (maybe a backup on ROM Manager) is making the Phone start that same ole defective ROM that I thought I had deleted. I am saying wallpaper, App Icons, apps, (of course now it is so messed up that everything is force closing)

The only App i seem to be doing good with is Odin. So I wonder if there is something I can do through it to completely wipe my phone and just start over :'(

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ah man. This is frusrating. I cant sleep. One last thing I just noticed (ima noob). This ROM is the exact same rom (I think it was a ROM called Bugless Beast) ...well you know how I said everytime I installed a ROM a Rom that looked like this one started? Even after installing the 4.0.4 with Odin from here? Well ...I am an idiot and I am going through it and it is still the same ******* rom. Except it has lost like 98% of its functionality. Nothing works. Messages force closes, trying to make a call force closes, People force closes etc.

So yeah... this thing is backed up somewhere on the Storage and for whatever reason it keeps starting this ***** ROM even though nothing works on it anymore. Ima try and get some sleep and I hope someone can help me out tomorrow.

And sorry for the excess of info as you guys can tell I am frustrated.:-[

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah man. This is frusrating. I cant sleep. One last thing I just noticed (ima noob). This ROM is the exact same rom (I think it was a ROM called Bugless Beast) ...well you know how I said everytime I installed a ROM a Rom that looked like this one started? Even after installing the 4.0.4 with Odin from here? Well ...I am an idiot and I am going through it and it is still the same ******* rom. Except it has lost like 98% of its functionality. Nothing works. Messages force closes, trying to make a call force closes, People force closes etc.

So yeah... this thing is backed up somewhere on the Storage and for whatever reason it keeps starting this ***** ROM even though nothing works on it anymore. Ima try and get some sleep and I hope someone can help me out tomorrow.

And sorry for the excess of info as you guys can tell I am frustrated.:-[

hey, check this out - Change backup & reset options

""..Automatic restore. Check this option to restore settings and other data when you reinstall an app. This feature requires that you are backing up your data with your Google Account and that the app is using the backup service..."

... this is shot in the dark; try turning off **Automatic restore** before hand -- i suspect google's doing this..

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
here's more on it -

Restore Data after Factory Restore on Android automatically

&

Android's automatic backup and restore service is great ... when it works ....

There is no way to pick and choose what you want to backup

Sometimes, when a restore actually happens, I get more than I bargain for. Applications and data that I didn't want restored magically appear on my phone. For instance, an application that I haven't installed on a phone in well over six months was restored to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 when I flashed Ice Cream Sandwich to it. Of course, in most cases, if a couple apps or wireless networks I didn't want to be restored do appear, it's fairly simple to remove them.

And to be fair, you can turn off picture sync with Google+ and contact sync with your Google account. But the point I'm trying to make is that you can't specifically pick and choose which apps are synced, which Wi-Fi networks are backed up or what system settings need to be restored upon a restore. If something you really need backed up is missed and does not actually get backed up, you're simply out of luck.

That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that the restore only happens a fraction of the time.
-- from the last link..

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
here's more on it -

Restore Data after Factory Restore on Android automatically

&

Android's automatic backup and restore service is great ... when it works ....

There is no way to pick and choose what you want to backup

Sometimes, when a restore actually happens, I get more than I bargain for. Applications and data that I didn't want restored magically appear on my phone. For instance, an application that I haven't installed on a phone in well over six months was restored to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 when I flashed Ice Cream Sandwich to it. Of course, in most cases, if a couple apps or wireless networks I didn't want to be restored do appear, it's fairly simple to remove them.

And to be fair, you can turn off picture sync with Google+ and contact sync with your Google account. But the point I'm trying to make is that you can't specifically pick and choose which apps are synced, which Wi-Fi networks are backed up or what system settings need to be restored upon a restore. If something you really need backed up is missed and does not actually get backed up, you're simply out of luck.

That doesn't even take into consideration the fact that the restore only happens a fraction of the time.
-- from the last link..

I tried it. Unchecked both options, did a factory reset and Rebooted the phone and everything was still on there. Well the ROM. The thing now is nothing works. STILL. So I just re-installed the 4.0.4 using Odin and I wish it would do a wide of the Storage but it didnt. So I re-installed 4.0.4 using Odin and the phone started and it is still that same ROM that doesnt work. Instead of a fresh copy of 4.0.4 :(

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: So I downloaded an app SamsungSimpleDL for SPH-D720. Since it did not work, I navigated to its directory and apparently there is a .TAR file in there that you can put in ODIN in order to restore your phone that way. I installed it successfully, but then once again the ROM wont start. I am almost 100% sure that something in my USB Storage is keeping it from starting.

I have no idea what but I need to wipe this damn storage and I cant cuz everything is undeletable. I have tried formatting the Storage using Windows, Erasing it with MAC, deleting it manually and everything is still in the storage :(

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Stock Nexus S 4G Recovery in the folder ull find one click stock at 503MB file size. I've used it a few times, restores to default Gb n locks phone n removes root. U may have to Google it. I have the file just don't know how to upload the file here.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Stock Nexus S 4G Recovery in the folder ull find one click stock at 503MB file size. I've used it a few times, restores to default Gb n locks phone n removes root. U may have to Google it. I have the file just don't know how to upload the file here.

It sounds like he'll need that file. Upload it to mediafire and post the link here. Shouldn't be difficult.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
How to upload to mediafire? Usually I don't upload anything . Do I need a account, what steps do I take to upload the file

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
How to upload to mediafire? Usually I don't upload anything . Do I need a account, what steps do I take to upload the file

I can't walk you through it since I'm not home, but I'd guess you just go to mediafire and it'll be self explanatory from there. Google it if you need help I suppose.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Dropbox is another good option and you share links that are in your public folder. Plus there is an app for that . . .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Attempting to upload file to dropbox. Mediafire has a limit of up to 200 MB for the largest files for free. Dropbox didn't say. It's over 500 MB so Dropbox is logical choice

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
[SCRIPT] [NS4G] [UPDATED] One Click Return to stock V2.0 - xda-developers should be link to updated full G.B Stock. Install and then run run.bat file with USB debugging enabled.

http://www.mediafire.com/?768oco0kb4reiqb I.c.S stock install n open folder than run run.bat file with USB debugging enabled. Hope these help.

Connect phone USB debugging enabled install zip files on computer , zip to folder open folder locate run.bat file select run.bat and phone will be erased n wiped clean n restored to either factory settings of Gb or I.C.S.

Last edited:

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your help guys. I tried both the methods you guys talked about. The first method that would return it to GB stock, the phone would just stay at the Google screen and it would never start. This was actually the first method I tried with Windows where I ran the .bat file and everything on the command prompt said succesful but then the phone never started. (I was also able to do this method with my MAC later on since I was able to do it from the "Fast Boot" Screen). Neither helped in wiping and everything was still in the storage.

I also tried the ICS return to stock when USB Debugging was stil working and it would do the process then it would make the phone actually start but then it would just start that damn "Beastless Mode" ROM, the same ole ROM that starts everytime I try to do a return to 4.0.4 Stock ICS.

Now, I cant even do the run the .bat thing on Windows because I turn on USB Debugging and its so jacked up by now the computer recognizes it since the drivers are installed, but when it gets to the part where DOS needs to connect to the phone it says "Error Device Not Found" (even though usb debugging is on, since the rom is so jacked up it probably says its on but its not)

So, from my Windows PC the only thing I am able to do is use ODIN. And with my phone on the Download Screen I can instal the 4.0.4 that is on here, but when the process is done NOTHING is wiped and the regular ole messed up ROM starts. And when I try to install a STOCK of GB using ODIN the phone just doesnt start and stays on the Google Screen.

From The MAC, there is a process I found to return it to stock using Terminal from the Fast Boot screen, but once again it does the process but the phone never starts.

So thats where my phone is at. The problem is in my USB Storage I know it. But it is hard to remove whatever is causing the problem (I think its a ROM Backup I did on ROM Manager) when everything from the Storage is undeletable.

As far as when the phone actually starts (atleast I can get it to start now) when it does nothing works. Nothing runs. For a little while USB debugging worked but now when i check it and turn it on and connect it to my PC it does not read it. I go back to the phone to check if it is on and it is unchecked. Weird. I am able to turn on USB Storage....and Windows reads it, but I cant write or delete anything from it. I copy stuff and it shows its copying but then I unmount and mount again and it is not there, same thing when I delete something. Also weird. Its almost like everything is missing although it looks like the state it looked like before all this mess started.

So yeah... this sucks. I activated an Old Blackberry Tour in the meanwhile but I mean I would love to salvage my Nexus S 4G. At this point, I will try anything at the risk of bricking it I dont care. I dont understand why nothing gets deleted. On Windows Odin reads it and on MAC I can do stuff from Fastboot, so if there is a more riskier way of wiping everything or something I am willing to try anything at this point.

Last edited:

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Try gingerbread stock again, if during finding device u get error, simply unplug the phone n reattach to USB. I've had it happen a few times with the device not found, simple refreshment of the phone to USB worked. I've still got my Gb stock files uploading to Dropbox. Try again. Let me know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante