So I messed up my phone.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I did a 4.0.4 Stock Install...and even though it did not do a wipe and it started the same ole looking ROM as always, I navigated to the apps sections and ALL my old apps are listed. But interesting enough none of them have checkmarks (indicating they are saved on the usb storage, even though they take up the space) and I tried uninstalling one of the apps and my phone just restarted while it was doing it and now it is stuck at the ICS Boot Animation haha

Its been like this for 5 mins or so I think ima leave it hopefully something good is going on :-[

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Keep updated. Try xda or other forums of u feel the need. Nothing can hurt. Just keep us posted.

Yeah I made a thread in another forum well see.

Anyway, I have a question... On Odin, what does the "Re-Partition" option do?
because I check it because I have an idea on what its supposed to do, but for some reason the Flash process does not go through when I check re partition, only when it is unchecked.
Is there a way to force Odin to repartition the phone?

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
After more research, I found out that there is a file called "Wipe All .zip" that if put on the USB Storage and flashed will wipe your USB Storage. This sounds like something I could use, is there a way to Flash it without having to put it in the USB Storage since I cant copy files to it?

(Windows or MaC)

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=937538

Check this out, basically outlines how sprint will handle rooted phones.

Also, from cwm under mounts and storage there is an option to format sdcard

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Cool Ill take a look at that thread. And yeah but for some reason when I try to do that nothing happens, that or an error comes out. I also tried it on TWRP Recovery and nothing gets wiped or formatted I will prob give it another shot next week hopefully I get closer

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've only used Odin 1 time n haven't since. U can try to repartition the harddrive n see what happens.

You said u found. WIPE ALL.ZIP. download by phone then when done go to Downloads. N install if option is possiable

OR

Download WIPE ALL.ZIP by phone. When finished, Go into recovery mode n install Zip from SD card. Choose the WIPE ALL.ZIP n see what happens. U may still have ur Tom that's just because ur not able to flash to anything else at the moment.

Ur using Bugless Beast, have u checked for a update through Rom Manager or by recovery mode. Recovery mode install update.zip. I think it is

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've only used Odin 1 time n haven't since. U can try to repartition the harddrive n see what happens.

You said u found. WIPE ALL.ZIP. download by phone then when done go to Downloads. N install if option is possiable

OR

Download WIPE ALL.ZIP by phone. When finished, Go into recovery mode n install Zip from SD card. Choose the WIPE ALL.ZIP n see what happens. U may still have ur Tom that's just because ur not able to flash to anything else at the moment.

Ur using Bugless Beast, have u checked for a update through Rom Manager or by recovery mode. Recovery mode install update.zip. I think it is

Well I cant copy things to the USB Storage remember. So I cant get WIPE ALL on the USB Storage. I will try the last suggestion in a bit. Something interesting I realized... my phone was technically not Rooted anymore (but still unlocked) because of all the different stocks I have tried installing to no avail whether it be Gingerbread or ICS...even when trying to access ROM Manager I never got Notifications and whatnot from super user.. but since I remember the superuser.zip being one of the few files of use on my USB Storage I installed it and bam now rooted again.

So I restored a backup of Bugless Beast (Even though it looks like its whats running when I install either of the two other backups the Kernel changes even though it still looks like BUgless Beast)

....and I just started messing with Titanium Backup and Rom Manager since one of these two is what started this whole mess I think.

I came up on something interesting when I opened Super User (the first pic)

June 10 is the day I made the backups. And pretty much the last day my phone was functioning properly. And I questioned whether the last ROM backup I did that started all this mess was Bugless Beast, and I wasnt sure but this proves it was Bugless Beast (the 2nd pic)

The date is also June 10. So Bugless Beast was the last backup I did and what seems to be troubling my phone. Right now I restored the backup of Bugless Beast and what I am going to try and do is just get all the apps to work and whatnot...

What I dont get is how come I cant write/copy any new files to the USB Storage, but I can use the files already there up to June 10. I can even copy them over to my computer or wherever.

But yeah I mess with my phone nightly in hopes of getting it to work. I think I need to mess with ROM Manager and Titanium Backup...

(side note, and the reason I dont have my phone serviced anywhere or attempt to take it anywhere is because I have some ...hmmmm... "private" stuff on there you know :-[ ha

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So after leaving my phone on for a couple hours on Bugless Beast without messing with it I decide to mess with it. I start opening Applications on my home screen and the other screens and to my amazement they work!

First I tried to run NBA JAM and it ran I even played a match. Doodle Jump ran perfectly. Pac Man ran perfectly.

Then I tried to run some apps first I opened instagram and it was just waiting for my login. So I went to another app. I tried Twitter and it worked. I tried QuickOffice and it worked. The Dictionary app. All the apps I tried worked!

So a couple minutes pass after trying to see how many apps run, and bam everything just went back to being horribly out of wack. The "unfortunately core.processes" thing came up. I tried to run the Phone app but that wouldnt start. I tried to run the messages app and it also crashed. To my amazement, I tried the apps I had tried minutes earlier and they did not work either. They suddenly went from working to saying "Unfortunately, ______ has stopped." All of the apps and games that were just running minutes earlier came up with that message.

I am trying to just make this phone usable on this Bugless Beast ROM so I am messing with the phone to see what I can do to it when it seems I cant add anything to the storage.

Something very INTERESTING came up when I tried to run the instagram app though, right now it says "Unfortunately Instagram has stopped." Like all the other apps, but the 2nd time I tried to run it before this last message came up this message came up (picture attached):

This almost confirms to me something is up with the USB Storage and which is why I want to re partition it using ODIN but I cant seem to find a PIT File for it anywhere. And I read that just using Odin 1.85 should be enough but I check Re-Partition using it and the process does not even start. It asks for a PIT file.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Keepsafe is great for hiding n protecting private things. U create a password n everything put into it is converted to a .hid format. So even on a computer such thing's r not viewable. To view the password or numbercode must be known. Works great. I've got over 2000 different pics n videos in keepsafe. N i never had a worry.

Try Rom manager. Fix permissions. It should run all code in the phone n fix whatever is out of line as far as apps. I've had to use it twice before n it solved my force closing problems. Just a thought.

Last edited:

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Keepsafe is great for hiding n protecting private things. U create a password n everything put into it is converted to a .hid format. So even on a computer such thing's r not viewable. To view the password or numbercode must be known. Works great. I've got over 2000 different pics n videos in keepsafe. N i never had a worry.

Try Rom manager. Fix permissions. It should run all code in the phone n fix whatever is out of line as far as apps. I've had to use it twice before n it solved my force closing problems. Just a thought.

I tried Fix Permissions from Clockwork and once i started the ROM i was able to start most apps. But after like 5-10 mins everything just stops working and force closing.

Interesting thing I navigated to the Apps and even though all my old apps are there check out the pic I added...it sall says they are 0MB almost like they are not really installed....also I try move the apps to USB Storage just to see what happened ...(2nd pic)

That and I left the phone on over night and it was turned off when I woke up. This is a problem that was caused by the Apex ROM when I installed it which is why I kinda installed BugLess Beast....

I did a "Format" of the USB Storage with Windows and with a MAC, so I probably messed it up even more this way haha.. . but I mean If only there was a way to Re-Partition the Storage using ODIN...Since June 10 nothing has been added or deleted from the Storage it is like its in a frozen state or something

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The following are just misc pictures with various errors and what not all having to do I think with The USB Storage not being able to have anything written on it

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
After more reading, it seems the only way to fix my phone will be through ODIN. I need to "re partition" the USB Storage since it is all messed up. The thing is I cant find the PIT file for the Nexus S 4G anywhere. Judging by what I have read you dont need the file with Odin 1.85 but the thing is I check "re-Partition" and the Process of Flashing the Phone to Stock does not start. It seems I actually need to load the actually pit file for the phone.

So my last attempt, does anyone know where I can get the Pit file to repartition the USB Storage?

(this is my last attempt before I just put away my phone forever :()

wright1026

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Guys this has been a interesting post. I too have the SAME issue, except i cant get any programs to run without an error popping up! I too had Bugless but it was one of my favorite ROMs and then all of a sudden this error happened! I also noticed that i can not edit the SD card. I delete and it comes back, I add something and it disappears. Boy i would love to find this one out!

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Guys this has been a interesting post. I too have the SAME issue, except i cant get any programs to run without an error popping up! I too had Bugless but it was one of my favorite ROMs and then all of a sudden this error happened! I also noticed that i can not edit the SD card. I delete and it comes back, I add something and it disappears. Boy i would love to find this one out!

I have my Nexus S 4G stored away because I was never able to solve this problem. I am now using a Motorola Photon 4G while I decide to get an upgrade later on or something.

But anyway back to the issue, the whole not being able to add stuff or edit stuff on the USB Storage is so weird because from the stuff that is already there, I can still move and copy stuff from it.

I always thought it was a problem caused by Titanium Backup and ROM Manager. But without being able to use the USB Storage on a phone with only USB Storage I dont know what can be done. If you figure it out let me know in here I might activate my Nexus S 4G again if i am able to salvage it or something

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Oh one more thing, what you need to do is "re partition" the USB Storage. Odin has an option to do this but you need a PIT file in order to be able to do this. Sadly, it seems one does not exist because apparently it is supposed to do this automatically when you install a fresh ICS or whatever on the phone, but it does not re-partition the phone. If you find a way to repartition the USB Storage i think your problem would be solve.d...

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site