Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Paul627g
  • 2 Post By formula355
  • 2 Post By hlxanthus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Battery Mod for Jelly Bean 4.1

Just as the title says... Battery Mod for Jelly Bean

If your running the ports of Jelly Bean (OS) then you need to have a 1% Battery Mod right?

Edit: This is an updated version, thanks to my bud jstntp he provided a new copy with his SystemUI.apk and combining my battery files in there. Thanks jstntp!

jellybean_battery_mod-v6-signed.zip (Flash in CWM/TWRP) NO WIPE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Battery Mod for Jelly Bean 4.1-screenshot_2012-07-12-03-59-00.png  
    Last edited by Paul627g; 07-13-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Updated.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by 3:
    jstntp and dmmarck like this.

The mod keeps sayin aborted when i try flashing it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Pete's ICS, Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by fomotomo View Post

I get the same message. I still have Pete Alfonso's battery mod for his ICS ROM, any chance that would work for JB?

Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S via Tapatalk 2.0
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Battery Mod for Jelly Bean 4.1

Quote Originally Posted by fomotomo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by formula355 View Post
    I get the same message. I still have Pete Alfonso's battery mod for his ICS ROM, any chance that would work for JB?

Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S via Tapatalk 2.0
    Strange.. I flashed it after installing v6 and it worked fine from TWRP recovery.

I wouldn't use Pete's ICS or any ICS mods. Not many visual changes between JellyBean and ICS but the underlying code has many....

I will double check the Battery Mod and repost.
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

thanks!! ive been wanting this but i havent had time to do it myself. i'll wait for your updated zip

edit
    i was impatient so i extracted your zip and copied the files manually then set permissions....the framework folder was empty??? is there supposed to be something in it? framework-res.apk? i only have systemui.apk and when i reboot i have no statusbar. i know i set permissions right.

thanks for making this, man!! im glad someone is doing it. i need it....the icon is so inaccurate the way it looks stock, and my horrible eysight makes it worse lol
    Last edited by lightyear420; 07-11-2012 at 11:20 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No the framework-res.apk is not needed. Only affected files is the SystemUI.apk
    Paul

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Okay fixed the file, wiped and flashed v6 of Jelly Bean then rebooted and flashed my Battery Mod in TWRP and all is good
    Paul

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

nice! thank you!! flashing now

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

I tried this this morning....it flashed just fine, but when I rebooted I had no status bar again
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by lightyear420 View Post
    I tried this this morning....it flashed just fine, but when I rebooted I had no status bar again
    This is strange.. I've rebooted quite a few times and had no problems...
    Paul

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    This is strange.. I've rebooted quite a few times and had no problems...
    I tried it again last night after I loaded v6a of the Jelly Bean ROM and I got the same message. I even redownloaded the file.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S 4G

ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by formula355 View Post
    I tried it again last night after I loaded v6a of the Jelly Bean ROM and I got the same message. I even redownloaded the file.

you can copy with root explorer to /system/apps. just make sure you set permissions to rw-rw-r-- then reboot....or fix permissions with recovery
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I've heard of this disappearing status bar issue in the past.. Not just JB or ICS, way back even on Froyo...

This battery mod is a very simple modification and shouldn't be causing any issues really. Swapping out the stock images for new ones and changing two of the charging and discharging xml's.

Try lightyear420's suggestion or even your up to it you can even swap out my SystemUI.apk in that zip file and replace the one inside the ROM zip with it and flash the entire ROM.
    Paul

AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Paul, check your Gtalk.

I don't know why, but I saw the no status bar too when Paul sent me the mod at first. We were running the same rom so it makes no sense.......

Anyway, I did one using his files and got it to work for myself.

Same battery mod as in OP - jellybean_battery_mod-v6-signed.zip
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Thanks jstntp! Well I guess I goofed

I remember that day, we were talking and in a hurry to flash and I threw together the mod real quick.. I must have goofed something along the way.. Funny part is I never experienced the missing status bar... 0_o

Anyways thanks to jstntp to save the day!
    Paul

AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

What will be funny is if MY version only works for me, lol. Need someone to confirm if its good on their end or not.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

It works jstntp

Paul

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Paul, check your Gtalk.

I don't know why, but I saw the no status bar too when Paul sent me the mod at first. We were running the same rom so it makes no sense.......

Anyway, I did one using his files and got it to work for myself.

Same battery mod as in OP - jellybean_battery_mod-v6-signed.zip
    Just downloaded this and flashed it. Worked like a charm. Thanks guys!

Thanked by:
    Paul627g and jstntp like this.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Thanks man! I much prefer this over the the circle mod you posted over at xda. I have both your mods running on HP's v6a and I have to say I love it! The extended power menu and percentage battery are both deal breakers for me too
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Thanks man! I much prefer this over the the circle mod you posted over at xda. I have both your mods running on HP's v6a and I have to say I love it! The extended power menu and percentage battery are both deal breakers for me too
    No problem... I didn't however post a circle mod elsewhere Never cared for that particular mod myself.

Enjoy
    Paul

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Paul, I talked to jstntp and he said you and he didn't mind me using this mod and dropping my pngs into it. This is designed fresh to give the feel of stock but just adding the percentage. Actual battery is smaller than stock and thinned to keep the pngs smaller. Googles robonto font was used to match the clock and both the blue foreground and grey background have been color matched to stock. I did generate all images myself, though I did take inspiration from various other mods.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35358768/4....battery.v2.zip - Download

UPDATE - redid the images to improve charging animation
    Last edited by hlxanthus; 07-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    Paul627g and jstntp like this.

Any updates to this for 4.1.1? It errors out for me.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    Any updates to this for 4.1.1? It errors out for me.
    If you are looking for a battery for the stock 4.1.1 ota look here. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=2219053

Paul, if you plan on updating your battery I will remove this link.

Thanked by:
    Bront 
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post

Paul, if you plan on updating your battery I will remove this link.
    That's fine, I currently have no time to update and actually haven't even charged up my NS4G in a few weeks....
    Paul