Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Paul627g
  • 1 Post By lightyear420
  • 1 Post By hlxanthus
  • 1 Post By hlxanthus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    First I have to give credit where credit is due for the original work.. I just ported it into the NS4G version.

    I have to thank for providing an awesome guide on how to do this mod and sharing it with everyone. That is what development is all about... Sharing...

    Anyways onto the goods.....

    REBOOT, REBOOT TO RECOVERY & BOOTLOADER EXTENDED POWER MENU




    Aside from the obvious Reboot & Reboot to Recovery, you LONG PRESS on Recovery and it will boot into your bootloader.

    Two ROMs supported.. Make sure you get the right one


    Android Central jstntp's AOSP JellyBean Build v1.2

    (Flash in CWM/TWRP)



    Lightyear420's JellyBean for the NS4G (version 7)

    Download v7 : (Flash in CWM/TWRP)
    Last edited by Paul627g; 08-04-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Added support for jstntp's AOSP ROM
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    Thanked by 3:
    jstntp and dmmarck like this.
  2. #2  
    formula355's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    ROM
    Pete's ICS, Matr1x Kernel

    Default

    Awesome! Downloading now. Hopefully this one works since I couldn't never get the battery mod to install.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by formula355 View Post
    Awesome! Downloading now. Hopefully this one works since I couldn't never get the battery mod to install.

    Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S 4G
    Battery Mod was a goof... I have a fixed version in the Battery Mod thread.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    Thanked by:
  4. #4  
    formula355's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    ROM
    Pete's ICS, Matr1x Kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Battery Mod was a goof... I have a fixed version in the Battery Mod thread.
    Yeah I downloaded the one that jstnp posted and it flashed good. Posted in that thread too. Flashed this mod also and it too worked perfectly. Thank you!

    Sent from my Jelly Bean Nexus S 4G
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  
    donniejett's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter Alfonso's Rom

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Awesome thanks!
  6. #6  
    lightyear420's Avatar

    Posts
    103 Posts
    ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    great job!! Thanks paul

    btw, cool easter egg with the bootloader option!!
    jstntp likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default

    I'm rooted once I grab desired rom I move it to phone "flash name of file " hit power button?

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default

    Yes you flash this the same way as you would a ROM

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  9. #9  

    Default

    That was my question, do I flash after moving it to device with fastboot flash name'of'rom

    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Added support for jstntp's AOSP JellyBean v1.2 ROM.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





    Thanked by:
  11. #11  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Sweet! I was gonna try and build this but no reason now. Great work! I will be flashing after work.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Paul627g likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Sweet! I was gonna try and build this but no reason now. Great work! I will be flashing after work.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Building it isn't that hard, just takes concentration so you don't screw up the smali edits but the guide I used and linked to was very good to anyone who has dabbled a little in these areas before.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  13. #13  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Building it isn't that hard, just takes concentration so you don't screw up the smali edits but the guide I used and linked to was very good to anyone who has dabbled a little in these areas before.
    I did one for the optimus s, I just couldn't get apktool to work and didn't have the time yet to figure that out.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

    Edit: downloading now! Thanks a bunch.
    Paul627g likes this.
  14. #14  
    lightyear420's Avatar

    Posts
    103 Posts
    ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Hey paul, is there any way we could get this in odexed form for the stock sprint ota?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by lightyear420 View Post
    Hey paul, is there any way we could get this in odexed form for the stock sprint ota?
    Never have messed with odexed.... Actually though I have a lot on my plate at the moment and really don't have much time to contribute to much dev work currently.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  16. #16  
    lightyear420's Avatar

    Posts
    103 Posts
    ROM
    AOSP 4.2.1

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Never have messed with odexed.... Actually though I have a lot on my plate at the moment and really don't have much time to contribute to much dev work currently.
    neither have I really...I just love the speed of an odexed rom, though. It's all good. I understand what you mean I've been pretty busy myself lately.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by lightyear420 View Post
    neither have I really...I just love the speed of an odexed rom, though. It's all good. I understand what you mean I've been pretty busy myself lately.
    Gotcha.. I think all this love for odexed ROMs started with the E4GT... Seemed like that started the trend of making ROMs odexed... Me personally a good kernel and combo mix and deodexed ROMs run just as smooth.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  18. #18  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    I will likely build this from the guide posted in the OP for the ROM I built over in the rooting section. I might get to it tonight when I get home.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    I will likely build this from the guide posted in the OP for the ROM I built over in the rooting section. I might get to it tonight when I get home.

    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Its not very difficult, little confusing at first but really the dev did a good job with his guide/tutorial.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





Posting Permissions

B