1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone using CM9 RC2? What's left to fix?

Anyone here using cyanogenmod 9 rc2? I'm wondering if it's all working or if there's still issues that need fixing.

Default Re: Anyone using CM9 RC2? What's left to fix?

I think everyone who is rooted has been trying out JB.

I'm sure you will still find people using this ROM and other ICS based ROMs but the main focus is naturally on JB.

I see CM10 moving along very quick once it goes from unofficial to official status.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

RC2 is solid, no issues as far as I can tell. There are a few nightlies beyond RC2, but the changes are very minor.

There also hasn't been a new nightly since 7/23, which likely means the stable version is coming.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Anyone here using cyanogenmod 9 rc2? I'm wondering if it's all working or if there's still issues that need fixing.
    I've been using the nightlies for a while, but stuck with RC1 until I saw that RC2 was out.

The *only* issue I had with RC1 was an occasional oddness with the wireless disapearing. A reboot fixed that.

I have had no problems with RC2 yet.

-M

Until JB ROMs started to pop up, CM 9 RC1 was my ROM of choice since they released the "RC1".

Very stable... I really can't see what they had left to fix.
    Paul

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    I think everyone who is rooted has been trying out JB.

I'm sure you will still find people using this ROM and other ICS based ROMs but the main focus is naturally on JB.

I see CM10 moving along very quick once it goes from unofficial to official status.
    Not to get too off-topic but, does JB really make a difference in responsiveness on the NS4G? Is it noticeably faster to where it feels like a new phone?

The CM10 experimental build is very smooth other than Google Now will sometimes stutter when you load it.

Yes jelly bean has a very noticeable difference in smoothness and over all responsiveness when compared to even some of the better ICS ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    6tr6tr 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes jelly bean has a very noticeable difference in smoothness and over all responsiveness when compared to even some of the better ICS ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    That's really good to hear! I wasn't sure how big of a difference it would make on a single CPU device without a ton of RAM and a so-so GPU.

That's really good to hear! I wasn't sure how big of a difference it would make on a single CPU device without a ton of RAM and a so-so GPU.
    Yes it does make a big difference... I'm sure the dual cores and better supporting hardware run and benefit from JB much better but it is still a very noticeable difference even on our little old NS4G's...
    Paul

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yes it does make a big difference... I'm sure the dual cores and better supporting hardware run and benefit from JB much better but it is still a very noticeable difference even on our little old NS4G's...
    Now if only CM10 would reach final release...

Now if only CM10 would reach final release...
    LOL.. I think were a ways from that but I can see it moving very fast once official source is dropped by Sprint/Sammy for JB on the NS4G. CM won't touch it "officially" until then.
    Paul

im having a problem on rc2 bluetooth. it won't turn on. -_- any way to fix this?