[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.0 - JRO03L [8/9/12]

So I know I asked for the 2.1 update before anyone and haven't provided any input. Wellll. Shortly after asking for it and shortly before it was posted I downloaded a 3rd party wifi tether app to try with 1.2 (figured it was worth a shot, what could it hurt right?). *sigh* My phone rebooted and went into a boot loop. I booted into recovery and tried to reinstall 1.2, failed. Tried to restore a nandroid backup, that failed too. I've flashed all number of images via fastboot and *nothing* will bring it back. I know this has nothing to do with this rom and I apologize for even asking, but I'm desperate. Does anyone have any other suggestions to getting this thing back up and running? Feel free to private message if you don't want to derail the thread. Thanks.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow....thats a bummer! So after flashing the factory 4.0.4 images via fastboot what exactly does the phone do when you try to boot?

jziggy101

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.2 - JRO03L [8/13/12]

v2.2 is up!

FYI, I was able to dirty flash this over v2.1 without any issues so far. YMMV

I just started running v2.0 yesterday and it was very stable. No erratic actions at all. I normally do a complete wipe ( cache/system/data/boot/wimax ) before a flash but can v2.2 be flashed over 2.2?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just started running v2.0 yesterday and it was very stable. No erratic actions at all. I normally do a complete wipe ( cache/system/data/boot/wimax ) before a flash but can v2.2 be flashed over 2.2?

I think so......... but same old story, if there ARE problems then you will need to wipe it clean again.

jziggy101

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I think so......... but same old story, if there ARE problems then you will need to wipe it clean again.

Cleared the Dalvik and Cache then flashed 2.2 over 2.0 and flashed the gapps as well. Everything working fine. I have not tried tethering as yet.

I noticed even on 2.0 that the battery never charges past 95%. I thought that issue was corrected in ICS but I might be wrong. I know some ICS rom's I tried would charge to 100%.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Cleared the Dalvik and Cache then flashed 2.2 over 2.0 and flashed the gapps as well. Everything working fine. I have not tried tethering as yet.

I noticed even on 2.0 that the battery never charges past 95%. I thought that issue was corrected in ICS but I might be wrong. I know some ICS rom's I tried would charge to 100%.

Pretty sure the battery charge is kernel related so try a different one. I run Air Kernel and can get to 99%, lol.

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Oh wow....thats a bummer! So after flashing the factory 4.0.4 images via fastboot what exactly does the phone do when you try to boot?

No matter what I flash I always get the same thing, if it's a gingerbread image I get the little box with an arrow coming out of it and a warning triangle with an i in it. If it's the 4.0.4 ics image I get the android laying on it's side with it's front open and a warning icon next to it. CWM complains about symlink issues if I try to flash a rom via it, and it complains about a problem with /system if I try to restore a nandroid backup. *sigh* :(

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried pushing cwm to the phone again thru adb?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, that works just fine. Can't get anywhere with CWM either. Whether it's installing a new rom or recovering an old backup. Both fail.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that works just fine. Can't get anywhere with CWM either. Whether it's installing a new rom or recovering an old backup. Both fail.

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them including pdanet?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them including pdanet?

I have not. Everything with adb and fastboot has been working the way I thought it should. Perhaps I'll do a fresh install of pdanet and the requisite adb/fastboot on a completely different computer and try from there. Once again I'm *really* sorry for hijacking this thread. If trying things fresh from a new computer doesn't work I'll just start a new thread. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
While in bootloader and just before you fastboot the images run these commands:

fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery

Then fastboot flash the stock images. That last line will obviously erase recovery and you will need yo push the stock recovery image but going fully stock and rerooting is your only chance I think.

Edit - I should clarify that the reason you run these commands first is to make sure the partitions are being wiped properly prior to flashing the images. It has solved a lot of issues for people in the past. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't worry about it.

You're getting maximal charge out of the battery. The final percentage points are more or less cosmetic, and it may be damaging to your phone to have a continue 100% SOC anyway. Optimal run is to charge to about 90% SOC and discharge down to the mid-ranges and charge again.

You can follow a trace of your battery SOC as it discharges from 100%. You'll see a 3-4% loss per hour and when it gets to the low 90s, a 1-2% loss per hour.

jziggy101

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I have not. Everything with adb and fastboot has been working the way I thought it should. Perhaps I'll do a fresh install of pdanet and the requisite adb/fastboot on a completely different computer and try from there. Once again I'm *really* sorry for hijacking this thread. If trying things fresh from a new computer doesn't work I'll just start a new thread. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I had a similar problem sometime ago and used a program I found at XDA called Return to Stock for the NXS4G. [SCRIPT] [NS4G] [UPDATED] One Click Return to stock V2.0 - xda-developers

Don't know if it will help but at this point couldn't hurt.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Perhaps I'll do a fresh install of pdanet and the requisite adb/fastboot on a completely different computer and try from there.

+1 on this suggestion.

Alternately, chalk this one up to one of those experiential learning opportunities and just use one of the "usuals" to factory reset the phone and start from GB again.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

2.2 running nicely!

Flashed AirKernel to overclock.

Thanks for the update!

I think you need a snazzy name for this ROM...Maybe Team Hydro would endorse the name "jellybutt" in recognition of the "dooderbutt" legacy.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I think most of your other teammates would be behind that unless they are working on one of their own.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
2.2 running nicely!

Flashed AirKernel to overclock.

Thanks for the update!

I think you need a snazzy name for this ROM...Maybe Team Hydro would endorse the name "jellybutt" in recognition of the "dooderbutt" legacy.

Lol, jellybutt might just work!

Hows battery life with the recent builds....... pretty happy with my results.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Gentlemen!

Just wanted to say that I've succesfully installed this custom ROM! (Coming from BB ICS), and I'm currently in the process of restoring apps + data via Titanium Pro. Will report my thoughts as soon as possible! Thanks again, developers (jstntp and Paul627g), for getting this out so quickly! Was taking way to long for Pete to put together a JB BB for Crespo4G.

In any case, everything went very smoothly. Backed up everything, wiped everything, then installed the ROM and GAPPs, and not a single problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance