[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.2 - JRO03L [8/13/12]

Flashed 2.2 with air kernel and its pretty damn smooth! Good job! Thank you for supporting this phone still. You guys are truly amazing.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

When i try to directly share something via text message, it will leave out the area code unless I manually type the phone number. Is there a way to fix this?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

When i try to directly share something via text message, it will leave out the area code unless I manually type the phone number. Is there a way to fix this?

That could be due to the number in your contacts. Try removing the "1" and have just the 10 digit number "xxx-xxx-xxxx"

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Question -- was I supposed to flash the stock kernal or one of the other ones, too? The instructions said only the ROM and then GAPPs. Asking b/c after I flashed the ROM, things weren't smooth as everyone else has been saying. Major major major lag.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Did you wipe first? Wipe data, system ,cache ,and dalvik then flash ROM then gapps. After signing in wait a few minutes then reboot. All should be smooth.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Question -- was I supposed to flash the stock kernal or one of the other ones, too? The instructions said only the ROM and then GAPPs. Asking b/c after I flashed the ROM, things weren't smooth as everyone else has been saying. Major major major lag.

I experienced this as well. After a reboot, it went away. Not sure why it was.

You don't have to install a kernel. There are optional ones such as Matrix, Air, thalamus, GLaDOS and some others you will find over on xda.

I wanted to overclock, so I flashed Air.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

The stock kernel is included with the rom.zip and will be applied automatically. the other available kernels are optional. And yes, make sure you are wiping everything completely in recovery before flashing the rom and gapps.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Did you do full wipe before flashing? Otherwise I would still recommend a fresh wipe and reflash.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Did you do full wipe before flashing? Otherwise I would still recommend a fresh wipe and reflash.

Yup, I wiped everything. Data, Cache, Dalvik, and battery stats. One other thing I noticed was that neither Maps nor Navigation were installed, even after I did a batch restore (apps + data) using Titanium.

Do you recommend upon flashing a custom ROM to sign into Google immediately, or just get to the homescreen and then download Titanium and then restore apps + data?

[EDIT] Could the lag be due to the fact that I had signed into my Google Account so it was trying to install all of my apps, even though I had done a restore using Titanium?

Last edited:

airswoosh1

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

[EDIT] Could the lag be due to the fact that I had signed into my Google Account so it was trying to install all of my apps, even though I had done a restore using Titanium?

Definitely! When my phone is doing that, I just put it down and walk away.....

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Definitely! When my phone is doing that, I just put it down and walk away.....

Dang, I guess that'd make sense. Do you recommend not signing into my Google Account and just restore all of my apps using Titanium?

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Now realizing this may have been my problem after I flashed; I had previously backed up all system data and restored it. According to a post on how to properly use TiBU:

The bad thing, the thing developer's hate about TiBu, is that it gives you the ability to backup and restore your system data as well, meaning all of your general phone settings and account information. This is the data that needs to be wiped and stay wiped when you are flashing a new ROM. What follows is going to be a simple, short, awesome step-by-step for you on how to get the most out of TiBu without causing yourself any problems on your next ROM flash.​

I went back to my BB ICS Rom, but I'll do a new TiBU backup as instructed in this post (http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ting-roms-hacks/192528-how-tibu-easy-way.html) and then I'll wipe everything and reflash, and hopefully that'll resolve my issues.

jziggy101

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I installed v2.2 twice yesterday. The first time I just formatted the Dalvik and Cache and flashed the rom and gapps over the top of v2.0. Originally there was some lag issues but once I rebooted they seemed to go away. But later that afternoon the lag came back big time. If I selected an icon the screen would go black or white for a time and then seconds would go by and the app would open.

So I formatted the system, data, boot, cache, dalvik, wimax, and installed v2.2 & gapps fresh. There was some lag after the first boot but I have seen this on a couple other JB rom installs I have tried in the last couple weeks. But then the lag issue came back later that evening just as bad as it was before.

I am now back on a nandroid backup I made of v2 before I started the v2.2 trip. No lag.

Not sure why I had these issues. I have always cleaned my system well before installing a new rom.

bfree380

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Great battery life so far. Using 2.2 and AirKernel. I've been off the charger for 5 hours, and have only gone down about 10%. Granted, I'm on WiFi here at work, but still, not too bad. Thanks again. Running really smoothly.

airswoosh1

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed a bit better battery life than any of the other JB ROMs I've tried, but I have experienced a bit of lag here and there. I'm on v2.2 with AirKernel. Great ROM though, it's kept my attention longer than any of the others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781