[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

weechonj

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
V2.2 smooth im really enjoying this ROM I know I'm annoying but everytime i use screenshot phone freezes only issue so far

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.2 - JRO03L [8/13/12]

Reflashed, this time restoring the correct way using Titanium. So far so good. Some lag here 'n there, but otherwise functionining well. I'll report anything I notice. Any chance we'll get pull down easy toggle power bar? Or is it there already and I just forgot where to find it? :)

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Gallery isn't displaying properly. Noticed this yest. Even though I have pics n vids there in the gallery I can't view them unless they were recently taken as of today. Don't know if its ROM or app. Previous gallery items won't show. I've tried under settings n nothing helped. MX player also says no videos available. Not sure what happened. Help?

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Gallery isn't displaying properly. Noticed this yest. Even though I have pics n vids there in the gallery I can't view them unless they were recently taken as of today. Don't know if its ROM or app. Previous gallery items won't show. I've tried under settings n nothing helped. MX player also says no videos available. Not sure what happened. Help?

Interesting problem.

I don't use Gallery (Quickpic instead), but my Gallery app works fine with new and old photos as well as other folders with media in them.

I also have MX player, and I am not experiencing any problems with them.

Have you tried clearing the app data and cache?

Other option: nandroid your current ROM, uninstall MX and Gallery and "dirty" flash the ROM again.

I'm not smart enough to know if this is a "fix permissions" problem.....

Have you tried viewing the photos/videos with another type of media viewer?

I assume you don't have any ".nomedia" files or extensions that aren't viewable....

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I want to say usually this is an issue with not properly wiping when moving from ics to JB. Make sure you wipe data/factory reset (wipes data, android_secure on the sdcard, cache), and under mounts and storage format system and boot.

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Just found a file no media file at 0 bytes n deleted it tried super video yest. Perhaps that's what screwed it up.

Try a few things n report later

Update. Erased nomedia file, backed up videos, did full erase data n cache n dalvkit, did restore of 2.2 backup. Up n running just fine everything restored.

Last edited:

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried dialing your number n then erasing the message or saving it. My phone tells me *86 for voicemail but doesn't work for voicemail. Just a suggestion

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried dialing your number n then erasing the message or saving it. My phone tells me *86 for voicemail but doesn't work for voicemail. Just a suggestion

Go into phone then menu then settings then voicemail and you can change the *86 to your phone number (include area code).

Yes, I've done that. I erased the message and there is no messages at all but the icon will not clear.

Try rebooting your phone. That notification appears via sprint so it may take a little time for it to go away If they are having issues on their end.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Go into phone then menu then settings then voicemail and you can change the *86 to your phone number (include area code).

Yeah I rebooted, even cleared cache and that didn't work. Ended up sending myself a voicemail and then erased it immediately. That cleared it. Thanks for your help.

Try rebooting your phone. That notification appears via sprint so it may take a little time for it to go away If they are having issues on their end.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

So far noticing major lag with the camera app. Both loading it up and the swiping to see the picture just taken.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

So far noticing major lag with the camera app. Both loading it up and the swiping to see the picture just taken.

I have noticed this as well.

It also resulted in a camera FC, but that may have been related to gallery rather than the camera itself.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What are you guys' kernel/clock settings. I have tried and tried since this was reported and cannot reproduce any camera/gallery lag.

Fyi I am unable to run the stock kernel....... phone wont even boot up so I can't test with that. I have a botched boot partition and can only run AirKernel because its small enough in size to miss the bad blocks. Been this way from day one of our build. Just hoping I don't end up with a full brick one of these days.

Edit - nevermind, it just happened out of the blue. I see what you are talking about.

Last edited:

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

What are you guys' kernel/clock settings. I have tried and tried since this was reported and cannot reproduce any camera/gallery lag.

Fyi I am unable to run the stock kernel....... phone wont even boot up so I can't test with that. I have a botched boot partition and can only run AirKernel because its small enough in size to miss the bad blocks. Been this way from day one of our build. Just hoping I don't end up with a full brick one of these days.

Edit - nevermind, it just happened out of the blue. I see what you are talking about.

I'm running stock kernal. The lag isn't constant. I rebooted and it was fine thereafter, but then comes back.

On another note -- regarding Auto Brightness -- I know that Pete added a function in his BB ROM (at least for ICS) to auto dim the backlight. What happens is that on auto brightness, the screen will get brighter as needed, but won't dim on its own when it should normally. Not sure if this was corrected in JB, but it was definitely an issue with ICS.

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the battery mod, and I dont know if it was that or not but I am getting weird icons. Such as when I reboot it show USB debug connected. GPS looks like the download icon. Trying to connect to PC as USB drive produces weird results. Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the battery mod, and I dont know if it was that or not but I am getting weird icons. Such as when I reboot it show USB debug connected. GPS looks like the download icon. Trying to connect to PC as USB drive produces weird results. Anyone else?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I jumped back to v 2.0 for stability. connecting to my computer makes things weird, the notifications in the pull down are screwy looking, upon boot the usb icon shows "debugging enabled" as if i had it plugged into my pc, etc. i know it's a work in progress and i appreciate the devs hard work, but i think i will wait for the next release.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37