Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Default Re: [ROM][4.1.1][WIP] AOSP JellyBean Source - Mms, Rooted [8/3/12

Did I hear anyone complain they didn't have Extended Power Menu options?

Reboot, Recovery & Bootloader do I hear you cry for?

Little hidden easter egg, to boot into your bootloader LONG PRESS on RECOVERY option and it will boot into your bootloader.

(Flash in CWM/TWRP)

Enjoy !

Original thread & source/credit's:
    [MOD][JELLYBEAN] Extended Power Menu Mods
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS - Bugless Beast 1/22

I just installed v1.2. I don't know why, bit the WiFi and 3g status symbols aren't turning blue. It appears to be purely cosmetic, as all Google services seem to be syncing just fine. I did do a Titanium restore of apps and settings from a different JB ROM, if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    I just installed v1.2. I don't know why, bit the WiFi and 3g status symbols aren't turning blue. It appears to be purely cosmetic, as all Google services seem to be syncing just fine. I did do a Titanium restore of apps and settings from a different JB ROM, if that makes a difference.
    Try a reboot, sometimes they lose contact.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Thanks for this I'm going to give this a try and get back to you.

After a day the only issue is that its not as smooth as the other JB ROMs. Fix this and your ROM will be unstoppable..

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Default Re: [ROM] [4.1.1] Stock JellyBean w/ Official Binaries - Source B

Quote Originally Posted by androidtooley View Post
    ROM works gat. The 3.1.3 Su link works great. One issue though, no tethering apps (WiFi tether or WiFi tether for root users) just don't tether. They will setup n install but no tether is active, just reads 0s for data shared or transfer. Also had this issue with CM10 Experimental. suggestions?
    Does wifi tether work even on the native settings? If not, then it is a real deal-killer.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Thanks for all the info everyone. Currently I'm ridiculously sick and have had to turn the pc off for a couple days. When I'm able to get back to it, the next release will have init.d support so custom kernels such as Airkernel will work as intended. Paul's power mod will be included as well and I will see about any other performance tweaks that can help. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Ill get back to it when I can.
    Thanked by:

Hope you feel better soon buddy.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS - Bugless Beast 1/22

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Try a reboot, sometimes they lose contact.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    That was the first thing I tried. Like I said, all of Google's services are syncing properly,

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter Alfonso's Rom

I've been running this since yesterday afternoon and it's awesome! I've experienced good battery life, no freezes (like other jb roms out there) mms works!

I really couldn't be happier with a Rom at the moment.

Big thanks to the devs!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evansgw View Post
    I am having problems with Google wallet. It gives me the option to add my account and then says it is loading or whatever but doesn't go beyond that.

Also, in Accounts under my Google account it says Sync is experiencing problems. It will be back shortly. And there is a 'Sync error'.

Going to try the latest build.

Formatted everything and just started again. Sometimes it is just easier!! Everything seems to be working now.
    Still having problems with Google sync.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    My android devices:

Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 - T989, Stock.
    Previous: Samsung Nexus S 4G, Bugless Beast, Matr1x, Lulzactive sio.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

That was the first thing I tried. Like I said, all of Google's services are syncing properly,
    Did you try fixing permissions from recovery? I don't know why thy get off sometimes, but if things feel off, the first thing I try is boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and/or fix permissions. Also making sure you perform a full wipe PRIOR to flashing new roms, especially when moving between OS versions; i.e. gingerbread to ics or ics to jellybean. Just to be safe I always wipe data, cache, dalvik. Then go to mounts and storage and wipe system, data, boot. That seems to minimize these little imperfections.
    Retired Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Currently I'm ridiculously sick and have had to turn the pc off for a couple days. When I'm able to get back to it, the next release will have init.d support so custom kernels such as Airkernel will work as intended. Paul's power mod will be included as well and I will see about any other performance tweaks that can help. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Ill get back to it when I can.
    Congratulations to jstntp and Paul. Never thought the old nexus had the hardware to run JellyBean. Looks like I was wrong. GREAT WORK!!!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth 4.2.2/Lean

does this contain the official jb boot screen?? or are those files not included in the binaries??
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

No official bootscreen included as of yet. I would like to add it though so thanks for reminding me.

So, I ran this Rom through the ringer really trying to beat it up and I am very happy with it so far. Nice work, my only criticism is I would like to see it have a little more fluidity but other than that have had no problems.

Bluetooth works great syncs right up with my car, maps and gps are working, navigation works (huge advantage over other jb roms I have tried). Play store loads and works (experienced this problem with other roms). Phone calls, text messages all work fine. Thank you again for this.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.. jstntp is sick as he mentioned, so when he feels better we can gather up all the tips and info your providing and try and make things better for the next build.

Keep in mind we both have good knowledge of building themes but this whole building from source is a new ball game for us so were learning as we go. Its been a fun ride so far and as you can all see even builds straight from AOSP source have quirks and things not working properly all the time.

Again, thanks for the support and I'm glad to be working with jstntp on this so I have someone to blame when I blow the build or mess up
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

I do believed that if or paying Sprint for Mobile Hotspot this ROM is just fine n should work well in that regard. However WiFi tethering I've used as a free service for the past few years n am trying patiently to wait for the ROM Mobile Hotspot to be open for use or for a 3rd party tether app to be updated to work with J.B.

When I turn on mobile hotspot it turns off my 3g n data, since I don't use sprint for the service.

Gents keep up the Awesome work

Jstntp feel better man.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS - Bugless Beast 1/22

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Did you try fixing permissions from recovery? I don't know why thy get off sometimes, but if things feel off, the first thing I try is boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and/or fix permissions. Also making sure you perform a full wipe PRIOR to flashing new roms, especially when moving between OS versions; i.e. gingerbread to ics or ics to jellybean. Just to be safe I always wipe data, cache, dalvik. Then go to mounts and storage and wipe system, data, boot. That seems to minimize these little imperfections.
    I always do a full wipe as well as wiping cache and dalvik. I don't fix permissions, though. I'll start doing that. Is there anything I need to know about wiping system, data, and boot? I don't want any nasty surprises such as losing CWM. I'm hoping this will also fix the random reboots into recovery (and failed random attempts to boot into recovery) that have been happening every night for the last week or so over several different Roms.

I always do a full wipe as well as wiping cache and dalvik. I don't fix permissions, though. I'll start doing that. Is there anything I need to know about wiping system, data, and boot? I don't want any nasty surprises such as losing CWM. I'm hoping this will also fix the random reboots into recovery (and failed random attempts to boot into recovery) that have been happening every night for the last week or so over several different Roms.
    What do you wipe when you say "full wipe"? A true full wipe will include /system & /boot both found under mounts & storage in cwm. Cache & dalvic are both located in /data, so you don't have to wipe them separately, even though it won't hurt anything.

sent from my ns4g using tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS - Bugless Beast 1/22

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtdirt View Post
    What do you wipe when you say "full wipe"? A true full wipe will include /system & /boot both found under mounts & storage in cwm. Cache & dalvic are both located in /data, so you don't have to wipe them separately, even though it won't hurt anything.

sent from my ns4g using tapatalk 2
    I've been doing the factory/data wipe on the main screen of CWM. Interesting. I guess I've been doing it wrong all along. Wiping /boot won't erase the custom recovery, right?

Downtown, I personally wipe from main screen data , cache , and dalvak . Every so often I wipe from mounts and storage to clean out anything left hanging around . Never had a problem with losing anything and have had less issues . This ROM is running fantastic for me. Usually run off the other site but I don't think I'm going anywhere else soon . Thanks devs . Amazing !

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by david Young; 08-05-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Paul627g and bfree380 like this.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I've been doing the factory/data wipe on the main screen of CWM. Interesting. I guess I've been doing it wrong all along. Wiping /boot won't erase the custom recovery, right?
    The recovery.img is on a partition all to its self. No worries of wiping that. Boot is a completely separate partition as well.
    Thanked by:

Anyone having sync issues with G+?
    My photos aren't showing up in the gallery.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Anyone having sync issues with G+?
    My photos aren't showing up in the gallery.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    Check your google sync options in system settings...... my G+ sync was off by default O_o
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast