Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Want the jellybean boot animation? Here is a flash able version. Download, boot to recovery, wipe cache and flash. Enjoy!

http://db.tt/Xq29VLI9

Animation found here http://d-h.st/nq0 and I simply made it flash able.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM][4.1.1][WIP] AOSP JellyBean Source - Tether-fixed!! [8/7

Tether is running great. So Thank You very much for that. Everything is nice n smooth. If any hiccups I'll be sure to give notice.

A stock made rom made by devs. N those devs adjusting the ROM to the community. Nothing better. I may just keep this in use rather than using JB when it'll come to nexus s 4G.

Great Work Devs. You deserve a round of Congrats.

Congrats.
    Thanked by:
    jstntp 
    jstntp likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Want the jellybean boot animation? Here is a flash able version. Download, boot to recovery, wipe cache and flash. Enjoy!

http://db.tt/Xq29VLI9

Animation found here Dev-Host - bootanimation.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service and I simply made it flash able.

Lol, I actually forgot to note in the changelog that it IS included with v1.3........ oops!!
    Thanked by 2:
    bfree380 likes this.

What about a way to just have stock everything?

Edit:

I'm not knocking the work done here. I just recently put Ubuntu back on my machine but I'm far from having the time to compile my own build. (Or I would!) I would like to have a plain stock experience without too many changes to the interface. If there is a way to reverse what was done with a flashable zip (that seems to be the general route these "fixes" take) this would be a daily runner for sure.
    Last edited by wamsille; 08-07-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Perhaps a link may be posted for the initial release of the ROM for those who would like a stock ROM experience? Or u may want V1.1 includes root n mms fix for phones that had mms problems in i initial release. Just a thought.

Perhaps links for initial release n V1.1

Quote Originally Posted by androidtooley View Post
    Perhaps a link may be posted for the initial release of the ROM for those who would like a stock ROM experience? Or u may want V1.1 includes root n mms fix for phones that had mms problems in i initial release. Just a thought.

Perhaps links for initial release n V1.1
    I thought there were performance tweaks to version 1.3, so it would be nice to keep up with the current crop of updates that don't tweak the UI. An extended power menu isn't a bad thing at all.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #107  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    What about a way to just have stock everything?

Edit:

I'm not knocking the work done here. I just recently put Ubuntu back on my machine but I'm far from having the time to compile my own build. (Or I would!) I would like to have a plain stock experience without too many changes to the interface. If there is a way to reverse what was done with a flashable zip (that seems to be the general route these "fixes" take) this would be a daily runner for sure.
    I thought there were performance tweaks to version 1.3, so it would be nice to keep up with the current crop of updates that don't tweak the UI. An extended power menu isn't a bad thing at all.
    Here you go. v1.2 is very stock with Mms fixed. No performance tweaks, no tether, no extended power menu (but you can flash it from here), no init.d support, no deep-idle fix, and no bootanimation.

AOSP-JellyBean-NS4G-v1.2.zip

What would it take to have a version 1.3 with the tweaks and a stock appearance? I don't think I was clear with that statement you quoted. I would want to keep an updated build with enhancements that impact performance - just without any customizations to the appearance.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

The only appearance change is the battery. So v1.3 with stock battery then?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Not sure why but I'm having trouble with 1.3. There is a ton of lag threw all of the screens, and Titanium backup stalls 10-15% of the way threw the restore of the system files (all apps are restored correctly though).

Made sure everything was wiped, and tried 3 different installs, still trouble. Anyone else having these issues?

Going back to 1.2 for now which was/is working perfect.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter Alfonso's Rom

Quote Originally Posted by adge4u View Post
    Not sure why but I'm having trouble with 1.3. There is a ton of lag threw all of the screens, and Titanium backup stalls 10-15% of the way threw the restore of the system files (all apps are restored correctly though).

Made sure everything was wiped, and tried 3 different installs, still trouble. Anyone else having these issues?

I had some issues when I first booted up. I let titanium do its job, rebooted and now it's back to zippy!!

Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter Alfonso's Rom

Installed and everything seems nice!! I love the battery % mod and power options!

Thank you guys!

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I noticed it took like 30 minutes to smooth out. Also I flashed ROM gapps app2zip package and kernel at once. Then I switched kernels are that was when it seemed more stable. Switched from air blue+65 to air vodoo colors

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Me to, just a flash for the stock battery icon would work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    mattg67 likes this.

Yes, I would like that!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Me to, just a flash for the stock battery icon would work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Yes, I would like that!
    Alright ill have it posted by morning.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adge4u View Post

Update: All better now!

I re-wiped everything, flashed 1.3 again but only let Titanium restore the apps. It seems the old system file backups from 1.2 were causing 1.3 to freeze and re-boot.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Been using 1.3 since posted. Now showing lag up to 5 seconds when trying to open notification, phone for the number pad, n gallery for pics n videos also take a bit of time to respond to a tap to open. I use Fast Reboot n Advance Task Killer n they help but within 10 minutes lag repeats.

Just giving a heads up.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #119  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Been using 1.3 since posted. Now showing lag up to 5 seconds when trying to open notification, phone for the number pad, n gallery for pics n videos also take a bit of time to respond to a tap to open. I use Fast Reboot n Advance Task Killer n they help but within 10 minutes lag repeats.

Just giving a heads up.
    Kinda sounds like you might have an app that's going rogue on you. I'm NOT saying its definitely not the rom, but that seems a little strange. Do you have a lot of apps installed? When this happens is your memory real low? Just some thoughts.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Total apps 106. Ram 646 USB 1Gb. I'm about to run antivirus n check also check a few other settings. I'll get back n let you know.
    Also a delay on the face buttons to go home or back when waiting for An app to open.

Update. Antivirus was fine n able to run Advance Task Killer so should be set have it on auto kill every time screen is off. I'll keep updated.
    Last edited by androidtooley; 08-08-2012 at 12:08 AM.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #121  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Total apps 106. Ram 646 USB 1Gb. I'm about to run antivirus n check also check a few other settings. I'll get back n let you know.
    Also a delay on the face buttons to go home or back when waiting for An app to open.

Update. Antivirus was fine n able to run Advance Task Killer so should be set have it on auto kill every time screen is off. I'll keep updated.
    Ok, I wont get into a debate about task killers with you but will you do me one favor please......... just to test something? Uninstall or freeze the Task Killer and Anti-Virus, reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik and cache and reboot. I'm curious if your issues will still persist.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #122  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Stock battery mod is posted under "Optional Flashable Mods" in the OP.

Enjoy!
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

I'll give it a shot n report back later. Uninstalled both antivirus n advance task killer n wiped dal kit n cache. I'll report later in evening of fixed or the same. Time will tell.
    Last edited by androidtooley; 08-08-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Thanked by:
    jstntp 

V 1.3 running great for me so far . Had to do a full wipe and re install though . I flashed over 1.2 only wiping cache and dalvak . Had tons of lag and it just didn't run right . Lesson learned : backup and do a full wipe IMO .

Thanked by:
    jstntp 

Stock battery mod is posted under "Optional Flashable Mods" in the OP.

Enjoy!
    That's awesome sir. Thank you very much. Your ROM was the smoothest I had used to date and that was just one very small negative against it.
    Thanked by:
    jstntp 
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast