[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.2 - JRO03L [8/13/12]

Are you finally calling it jellybutt?

lol...... yes!

Sorry for the delay on v2.3, I had to rebuild it last night as I discovered that my attempt to fix Mms split did not work. Will test again today and hopefully tonight there will be some JellyButt for everyone!!

Edit - Uggggg.......... sms split still busted! I'm going to release as is later for now.

Last edited:

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
lol...... yes!

Sorry for the delay on v2.3, I had to rebuild it last night as I discovered that my attempt to fix Mms split did not work. Will test again today and hopefully tonight there will be some JellyButt for everyone

Edit - Uggggg.......... sms split still busted! I'm going to release as is later for now.

Not to insult you, but what is the difference between your rom's and cm10? I honestly don't know.

bfree380

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Cyanogenmod is a heavily modded version of aosp source. This ROM is essentially pure aosp, with bug fixes and a few light mods thrown in.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Is there any benefit to using Cyanogenmod over this one? I would imagine that this one would be faster, but I really don't know enough yet about the different ROMs. Thanks.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well if you want uber customization with dozens of settings to change, then cyanogen might be more your taste. But if you want android as Google intended this is closer to that just slightly modded

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I think he hit it right on.. My opinion, many devs have forgotten the simple ROMs and everyone goes right for the mega mods and tweaks. While they are fun to play with they also are the source of lag issues and many other problems people have, not to mention there isn't much difference between Code Name Android (CNA), CM, AOKP, etc. with all the mega mods.

I'm thankful jstntp decided to go this route of a few choice mods and performance tweaks.

Reactions: bfree380

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the utmost respect for all devs and different flavors of code that is out there, but from my days working with beezy here on ICS for this phone, I've trully come to respect android for the way google intended it to run. Now yes, we have added a couple things to this source that are not AOSP, but things like an extended power menu and power widget toggles in the notification screen (included in next release) are absolute necessities if you ask me. Other than that you really wont find a bunch of other optional mods in my builds. The goal here is necessary features, stability and a clean android experience.

Not knocking CM, AOKP, CNA or any other source whatsoever. The people that contribute to those do amazing work, that's a fact.

Reactions: pitmasterme

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I agree... Their work is awesome, the coding and knowledge that goes into building such mods and tweaks is something to truly appreciate. I for one have always like the simpler ROMs with the basics... Its fun to play with all the goodies but in the end I always stick with the basics and leave the rest alone.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I agree... Their work is awesome, the coding and knowledge that goes into building such mods and tweaks is something to truly appreciate. I for one have always like the simpler ROMs with the basics... Its fun to play with all the goodies but in the end I always stick with the basics and leave the rest alone.

Paul627g-

Do you think you could generate an orange or red theme for JellyButt? I'm a little down on the blue ICS at this point....would love some color options. I've grown fond of the orange theme that I'm using on my Transformer Prime with Baked JB ROM.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.3 - JRO03L [8/22/12]

Come get some JellyButt !!! - v2.3 is up - check out the changelog in the OP

2012-08-22%2022.43.21.png
2012-08-22%2022.43.49.png

bfree380

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Where can I download a version?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G running cm-10.

The first page from this thread has all the information and instructions that you need.

And I'm running v2.3 now, and I haven't noticed any problems yet at all. Thanks!

bfree380

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Is there any way to make this ROM compatible with AOSP helper? I'm not totally sure what that is, but I use juicedefender, and the band switch control is unavailable because of it. Not a big thing though. Keep up the great job!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I feel lame -- how do I change the toggles?

EDIT: I see you can slide the toggles over-- Nice!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel lame -- how do I change the toggles?

EDIT: I see you can slide the toggles over-- Nice!

Yeah, they are not able to be changed from settings like other roms. This feature will probably not be added. Basically looking to keep this build simple and as clean as possible with necessary mods and features. From here on out I will be focusing on stability and performance over any additional features. Probably will add touch to focus camera feature though....... that one is nice. Ill put some work in on this rom some more this weekend.