[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

metuck2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Great rom, thanks for doing this. I have one problem. After a week of using, my phone won't go past the bootup screen. Any suggestions?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Great rom, thanks for doing this. I have one problem. After a week of using, my phone won't go past the bootup screen. Any suggestions?

Try booting to recovery and wiping cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes try that and if it wont work try wiping system only and flashing the rom and gapps without wiping data....... if still a no go, sorry but you will need to wipe all and start fresh again.

luismpr

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Might be a noon question but why can't I change my voodoo screen v1 gamma hack with the vdcolor air kernel but I can change the rgb multipliers? I can actually move the sliders around but it doesn't change the screen:/ miss my nice vibrant colors:/

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Might be a noon question but why can't I change my voodoo screen v1 gamma hack with the vdcolor air kernel but I can change the rgb multipliers? I can actually move the sliders around but it doesn't change the screen:/ miss my nice vibrant colors:/

You would actually want to ask this question over in the Air Kernel thread as it pertains directly to the kernel itself.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I miss those too. But the gamma hack was altered to fix the green screen flicker upon unlock. I don't know if they are working on a fix though.

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so I'm back after a week and a half. As some of you may remember I was having some bizarre issues with my Nexus. I took it to the head tech for Sprint in my area who was very knowledgeable and didn't care that it was rooted, had a custom rom, etc. He did everything he could to bring it back (including taking a nand chip out of another dead NS and putting it in mine). Nothing worked, so he declared it dead and put in for a TEP swap. All was good except that they didn't have any more Nexus S's in stock. So I had to relive the glory days of a Palm Centro for about a week and a half.

Well I am here now to report that after receiving my new (refurb probably) Nexus S I immediately installed JB 2.4 on it and it is running phenomenally. I was really shocked at how poorly stock ICS runs on this phone. Having my wife's (which currently has Bugless Beast ICS on it) to compare to it was night and day. Then going back to JB was an even greater improvement. I just want to thank everyone who has put many hours of their lives into making what is probably the best JB rom for the NS4G. Also in honor of jstntp I have changed my avatar to a VW themed one as well ;)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Excellent news! Glad to see you got a ns4g. There are many reports lately of people getting others devices

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm up for touch focus on camera. Used briefly on a family members phone was very cool feature. Would gladly welcome the enhancement toba future update of JellyButt.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]
JellyButt - 4.1.1 - AOSP
JRO03L
Nexus S 4G
[/INFO]

With the collaboration of Paul627g this is our build from google source with the official released binaries.
Hope you enjoy the work!!

Click to view quoted image

[WARN]Disclaimer:

We are not responsible for anything that may go wrong with your phone or any other problems in the world if you choose to flash this build!![/WARN]

Changelog:
Code:
[U]8/25/12 - v2.4[/U] - [B]I flashed v2.4 over v2.3 without issue, YMMV!![/B]
-sped up boot time a little
-added a couple performance tweaks (I am seeing some really good overall speed here)
-build date now shows in "about phone" menu

[U]8/22/12 - v2.3[/U] - [B]Full wipe required!![/B]
-Officially named JellyButt - ([URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/143226-rom-aosp-4-0-3-updated-02-11-a.html"]DooderButt's[/URL] cousin) - Great idea [B]kevincwelch[/B]
-10 - CM Powerwidget Toggles added - ([B]not[/B] user configurable - this may or may not change in the future)
-180 degree rotations enabled
-Better response time when opening apps
-Adjust kernel data stack TCP parameters to optimize performance
-Air Kernel r193 included now - credit goes to [B]r_data[/B] [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1516535"]Air Kernel thread[/URL]
-Attempted to fix sms split ([B]failed[/B], anything over 160 characters sent becomes garbled text on receiving end still)
-Voicemail # is users # by default (no more *86 junk)
-Google Backup/Restore is still broken initially, but see this thread for a fix if you use it - [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-nexus-s-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/196969-rom-4-1-1-aosp-jellybean-v2-2-jro03l-8-13-12-a-13.html#post2090803"]Google Backup/Restore fix[/URL]
-More minor source edits

[U]8/13/12 - v2.2[/U]
-re-synced with google sources on 8/11/12
-CM extended power menu now built into the source
-improved scrolling performance
-fixed tethering issue from v2.1
-a few minor build.prop edits
-set wifi scan interval to 130 to help battery life

[U]v2.1[/U]
-beta test build
-left out extended power menu
-broke tethering

[U]8/9/12 - v2.0[/U]
-mainly a version bump
-synced with Google's newly released 4.1.1_r4 - JRO03L source version - (all prior builds were 4.1.1_r3 - JRO03H)
-added some 3g tweaks to build.prop - Thanks for reminding me about these [B]hlxanthus[/B]

[U]8/7/12 - v1.3[/U]
-native Tethering & Portable Hotspot fixed - Credit goes to [B]beezy[/B]
-Init.d script support added
-script added to init.d for performance - Credit goes to [B]beezy[/B]
-build.prop edits for improved performance
-enabled deep-idle "Top-off" support (must run a custom kernel that has this feature) See "Other Mods" below for kernel options
-resynced from google source
-added 100% battery mod - Credit goes to [B]hlxanthus[/B]
-added Extended Power Menu Mod - Credit goes to [B]Paul627g[/B]
-JellyBean bootanimation included
-will list more changes if I remember any

[U]8/3/12 - v1.2[/U]
-resync google sources - fresh build
-fixed no boot issue from v1.1 - Should boot fine now when full wipe is performed.

[U]8/3/12 - v1.1[/U]
-mms fixed (receive and send) Credit to this [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29730279&postcount=145"]post[/URL].
-Root is built in - no need to flash any extra Superuser zips.
-build.prop edited to reflect correct device info - Credit to this [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29730603&postcount=146"]post[/URL].
-Changed rom.zip name

[U]8/2/12[/U]
-Initial release - build date 8/1/12

Requirements:
-Must be rooted
-Must have a custom recovery
-Must make a recovery backup prior to flashing (IMPORTANT!!)
-Must Follow instructions provided below

Flashing Instructions:
1 - Download ROM and Gapps zips - place on your sdcard.
2 - Reboot to recovery and MAKE A BACKUP!!
3 - Wipe everything (system, cache, data, boot)
4 - Flash ROM first, then Gapps
5 - Reboot and Enjoy Rooted JellyBean 4.1.1 on your NS4G!!

Downloads:
ROM - AOSP-JellyButt-NS4G-v2.4.zip ------ Mirror
Full Wipe Required if coming from v2.2 or lower!!! (I flashed v2.4 over v2.3 without issue, YMMV!!)

Gapps - gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip ------ Mirror1 - Mirror2

Other Flashable Options:
Stock battery - stock-battery-v2.4.zip ------ Mirror
Air Kernel - Link
Matrix Kernel - Link

Source:
Google - https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest
My Source changes - https://github.com/jstntp/crespo4g_jellybean.git

Credits:
- Google
- Android Central and the whole AC community
- Paul627g
- beezy
- hlxanthus
- All of Team Hydro
- dmmarck - [GUIDE][Ubuntu] Compiling Android from Source
- burnsra - CM10 build

Can I port this ROM to the Epic 4G Touch? Please. :)

pbtxit

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I want to say THANKS to the devs for this rom! It has made my phone feel new again! I have two questions:
1. I am running v2.4 and when I open ns tools I can change the cpu clock speed, but it says governor not avalaible. How do I fix that?

2. Will you add the feature to the dialer so that as you start typing a phone number it searches your contacts? I have had that feature on other phones and really miss it.

Great Rom! Thanks again!

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I want to say THANKS to the devs for this rom! It has made my phone feel new again! I have two questions:
1. I am running v2.4 and when I open ns tools I can change the cpu clock speed, but it says governor not avalaible. How do I fix that?

2. Will you add the feature to the dialer so that as you start typing a phone number it searches your contacts? I have had that feature on other phones and really miss it.

Great Rom! Thanks again!

Fix permissions in recovery and that should clear up the nstools issue.

I'm hoping to be able add a few features over the next few days and try to get a new build out for you all.
Thanks! Glad you enjoy the work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci