Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Default Re: [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [OFFICIAL]

What I do is freeze maps until I need it. That seems to help a bit.

Maps running constantly seemed like it started with ICS... Doesn't seem to matter if GPS is on or off, using Maps or not it seems to be lurking in the background somewhere...
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

I thought I had pin pointed it to being the google location services option. So I unchecked the option. I'll let you guys know if this helps.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I thought I had pin pointed it to being the google location services option. So I unchecked the option. I'll let you guys know if this helps.
    Under settings>location I found all three checked. I unchecked all but the the top one. WiFi and mobile network location really shouldn't consume battery as it just used info already provided by the data stream.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

What does your battery life look like? I'm on stuck on bugless beast battery life. Lol its been a while since I used a stock rom.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

With decent signal and 2hr screen time and average usage for me I get about 18 hours up. Obviously much worse if I have horrible signal (as I often do as I travel around the state a bunch for work)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

OP updated with an Advanced Power Menu modification

[BOX=Additional Modifications]Installation Instructions for all MODS

-Install the latest version of the rom first by following the directions above
    -Download the mod you desire and place on the root of the SD card
    -Create a Nandroid Backup
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    -Install the mod from SD card
    -Reboot and enjoy!!

Note - If you are installing the rom and mods together that is fine (no reboot between needed). You can simply flash the mods directly AFTER you flash the rom.

Advanced Power Menu

This will enable the Reboot and Recovery options to Power Menu along with the existing Power Off and Airplane Mode. An added bonus will be that long press of the Recovery option will boot to the Bootloader! I followed the guide found here, provided by djmcnz over on XDA. This is partially in the way of a port of his work as I did use his images, just resized for the NS4G.

Download Advanced Power Menu - JRO03R

More Mods to come! Look for a percentage battery mod soon . . .[/BOX]
    skinneejay likes this.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

Its sweet you added this option. Going to flash now. Maybe this will help my battery life out. Could of had a bad flash. I'm going to complete wipe and try again. Opps. Thought this was baked in. NEVERMIND! Still well done.

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    OP updated with an Advanced Power Menu modification

[BOX=Additional Modifications]Installation Instructions for all MODS

-Install the latest version of the rom first by following the directions above
    -Download the mod you desire and place on the root of the SD card
    -Create a Nandroid Backup
    -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    -Install the mod from SD card
    -Reboot and enjoy!!

Note - If you are installing the rom and mods together that is fine (no reboot between needed). You can simply flash the mods directly AFTER you flash the rom.

Advanced Power Menu

This will enable the Reboot and Recovery options to Power Menu along with the existing Power Off and Airplane Mode. An added bonus will be that long press of the Recovery option will boot to the Bootloader! I followed the guide found here, provided by djmcnz over on XDA. This is partially in the way of a port of his work as I did use his images, just resized for the NS4G.

More Mods to come! Look for a percentage battery mod soon . . .[/BOX]
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Its sweet you added this option. Going to flash now. Maybe this will help my battery life out. Could of had a bad flash. I'm going to complete wipe and try again. Opps. Thought this was baked in. NEVERMIND! Still well done.
    I wanted to keep mods separate from the ROM so there is still an unmodded base. Once I get a few mods done I will likely post a stock and custom option entire rom

I'm having some trouble getting the Power Options mod to 'take.' I cleared the Dalvik cache and installed from the SD. No weird messages and the installation completes successfully. When I reboot I get an "Android is Upgrading..." message and it rolls through optimizing all the apps, counting 0 to 67 and reboots. When I long hold the power button I get the same old menu. is there a setting somewhere to enable?

The Battery mod is killer. And I'm loving the 4.1.1 ROM. Very nice. Any new mods coming? A new, modded ROM?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

Where is the battery mod? :::::Nevermind I see it in the OP::::::: I must have missed that. I'm not sure why you can't get the power options to work for you. Did you update to the new version of this rom before installing? Maybe you had a bad download of the power options?

Quote Originally Posted by mapninja View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting the Power Options mod to 'take.' I cleared the Dalvik cache and installed from the SD. No weird messages and the installation completes successfully. When I reboot I get an "Android is Upgrading..." message and it rolls through optimizing all the apps, counting 0 to 67 and reboots. When I long hold the power button I get the same old menu. is there a setting somewhere to enable?

The Battery mod is killer. And I'm loving the 4.1.1 ROM. Very nice. Any new mods coming? A new, modded ROM?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Make sure you are wiping both cache AND dalvik cache prior to flashing any mods. Perhaps it was a bad download. I would recommend re downloading it

Downloaded a new copy, Cleared cache & dalvik, installed from SD. Still no luck.

Any chance you'll release a modded ROM?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Downloaded a new copy, Cleared cache & dalvik, installed from SD. Still no luck.

Any chance you'll release a modded ROM?
    Okay, I just downloaded the power menu from the link in the OP. I did a full wipe and installed rom v1.1 and the advanced power mod. It worked as it should. Try wiping cache and dalvik cache and format system (not data as that would wipe your apps and settings)., then dirty flash the rom and then the power mod and battery mod all at once, back to back. Then reboot and let me know.

And yes once I get a few more mods together I likely will build it all into a single rom. Next on my list is a centered lockscreen clock widget.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

OP edited with this mod! Also as an added bonus, an "All.Mods" option that includes all mods to date.
    jstntp likes this.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

Hlxanthus, Can you please post a screen shot of your battery life where we can see the Awake time. I still can't figure out what is keeping my nexus awake.
    I've been running GSam Battery Monitor and I know its maps, but now I'm wondering if Its a setting I have. I know I have turned off everything possible under Maps. It's getting fustrating. I might just try to reflash your ROM. I know its not the ROMs just this dumb Maps app.

Thanks.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Honestly, I have been reflashing so much the last few days with all these mods I have been doing I dont have an accurate view myself. BTW, tether fix is coming soon . . .
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Hlxanthus, Can you please post a screen shot of your battery life where we can see the Awake time. I still can't figure out what is keeping my nexus awake.
    I've been running GSam Battery Monitor and I know its maps, but now I'm wondering if Its a setting I have. I know I have turned off everything possible under Maps. It's getting fustrating. I might just try to reflash your ROM. I know its not the ROMs just this dumb Maps app.

Thanks.
    Freeze maps and use titaniums widget to unfreeze and open when needed. Hit the widget again when done to freeze it back up.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

I think I'll just go that route. I don't use maps that much anyways. Google Now will still work right? Minus commute card.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

OP updated with new versions of the mods. I have a fix for Android Native Tethering! No third party apps needed. With the help of jstntp, I have found what needed to be modded, and have implemented it. Thru my testing it does work, but my place has VERY bad signal. So while I can verify that I am getting data passed from my phone to both my laptop and iPad, I cannot promise how its speed will be or reliability. All mods in the OP that have been relabled to v2 include the new framework-res.apk that is need for the fix to work. I would appreciate if a few people can test for me. Once I get some verification I will implement this into the base rom.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

I'll try when I get home. I'm not a big fan of the clock being centred but for testing sake its alright. LOL
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I'll try when I get home. I'm not a big fan of the clock being centred but for testing sake its alright. LOL
    Clarification, if the mod zip has v2 in its title it includes the tether fix. So everything EXCEPT the battery mod has the fix. But you can just flash APM and will keep your battery mod intact.

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

Hey. The wifi tether does work. What stinks is that if I'm on 4G it won't allow me to tether while on it. It switches back to 3g.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    1,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Hey. The wifi tether does work. What stinks is that if I'm on 4G it won't allow me to tether while on it. It switches back to 3g.
    I don't think there is a 4g tether for JB right now

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    ROM

Oh ok. I never used the built in tether option before. I usually use the WiFi tether app.
    Thanks!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast