[ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [OFFICIAL]

Hlxanthus, Can you please post a screen shot of your battery life where we can see the Awake time. I still can't figure out what is keeping my nexus awake.
I've been running GSam Battery Monitor and I know its maps, but now I'm wondering if Its a setting I have. I know I have turned off everything possible under Maps. It's getting fustrating. I might just try to reflash your ROM. I know its not the ROMs just this dumb Maps app.

Thanks.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Honestly, I have been reflashing so much the last few days with all these mods I have been doing I dont have an accurate view myself. BTW, tether fix is coming soon . . .

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Hlxanthus, Can you please post a screen shot of your battery life where we can see the Awake time. I still can't figure out what is keeping my nexus awake.
I've been running GSam Battery Monitor and I know its maps, but now I'm wondering if Its a setting I have. I know I have turned off everything possible under Maps. It's getting fustrating. I might just try to reflash your ROM. I know its not the ROMs just this dumb Maps app.

Thanks.

Freeze maps and use titaniums widget to unfreeze and open when needed. Hit the widget again when done to freeze it back up. ;)

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I think I'll just go that route. I don't use maps that much anyways. Google Now will still work right? Minus commute card.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

OP updated with new versions of the mods. I have a fix for Android Native Tethering! No third party apps needed. With the help of jstntp, I have found what needed to be modded, and have implemented it. Thru my testing it does work, but my place has VERY bad signal. So while I can verify that I am getting data passed from my phone to both my laptop and iPad, I cannot promise how its speed will be or reliability. All mods in the OP that have been relabled to v2 include the new framework-res.apk that is need for the fix to work. I would appreciate if a few people can test for me. Once I get some verification I will implement this into the base rom.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I'll try when I get home. I'm not a big fan of the clock being centred but for testing sake its alright. LOL

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I'll try when I get home. I'm not a big fan of the clock being centred but for testing sake its alright. LOL

Clarification, if the mod zip has v2 in its title it includes the tether fix. So everything EXCEPT the battery mod has the fix. But you can just flash APM and will keep your battery mod intact.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Hey. The wifi tether does work. What stinks is that if I'm on 4G it won't allow me to tether while on it. It switches back to 3g.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Hey. The wifi tether does work. What stinks is that if I'm on 4G it won't allow me to tether while on it. It switches back to 3g.

I don't think there is a 4g tether for JB right now

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Oh ok. I never used the built in tether option before. I usually use the WiFi tether app.
Thanks!

mapninja

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Downloaded a new copy, Cleared cache & dalvik, installed from SD. Still no luck.

Any chance you'll release a modded ROM?

Did a complete re-flash of the ROM and MODS with Rom Mgr and everything is badass, now.

The advanced Power Menu MOD is the single best improvement to Android in years.

Now if Google would just hotfix this bug that makes your darned widgets disappear and paid apps defaults reset on reboot, I could enjoy my new Advanced Power Menu! Dangit!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
[ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [OFFICIAL]

The tether fix is build into the framework-res.apk, so is literally included with the mods. I could make up one without any other mods if you like, but it is only likely to work on this rom

danielvandyken

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

how come when i wanna activate my phone with this rom and i do ##786# nothing comes up?? help asap!!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
[ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [OFFICIAL]

how come when i wanna activate my phone with this rom and i do ##786# nothing comes up?? help asap!!

Looking up sprint dialer codes, that one does not seem listed. *#*#786#*#* performs a hard reset which wipes data like a factory reset. But I have never heard of any one using this to activate a rom. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
OP updated with new version. For those already using this rom, the only thing not included with the v2 mods are the build.prop edits. As always, I recommend a full wipe. Skip at your own risk. All mods will need to be reapplied, just make sure you flash the latest versions.

Changelog
v1.2 release +Updated Maps.apk and Velvet.apk +Native Tether of 3G now works (enable from Settings>Wireless & Networks>Tethering & Portable Hotspot) +Added several performance tweaks within the Build.Prop (most found here)

_____________________________________________________​

Installation Instructions
-Download JRO03R-v1.2-rooted.deodex.zip [MIRROR] and place on the root of the SD card (not in any folder). -Boot to recovery (power down, press volume up and power to enter bootloader, volume down to recovery and press power). -Create a nandroid backup. This is NOT optional, and for your safety. -Perform FULL wipe (wipe data/factory reset, format system, format boot). Do not report any issues if this is not performed!! -Install from SD card

---------- Post Merged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Can I install this on my galaxy s2 LTE (SHV-E110S) ?

No. This is ONLY for the NS4G.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
OP updated with new version. For those already using this rom, the only thing not included with the v2 mods are the build.prop edits. As always, I recommend a full wipe. Skip at your own risk. All mods will need to be reapplied, just make sure you flash the latest versions.

Changelog
v1.2 release +Updated Maps.apk and Velvet.apk +Native Tether of 3G now works (enable from Settings>Wireless & Networks>Tethering & Portable Hotspot) +Added several performance tweaks within the Build.Prop (most found here)

_____________________________________________________​

Installation Instructions
-Download JRO03R-v1.2-rooted.deodex.zip [MIRROR] and place on the root of the SD card (not in any folder). -Boot to recovery (power down, press volume up and power to enter bootloader, volume down to recovery and press power). -Create a nandroid backup. This is NOT optional, and for your safety. -Perform FULL wipe (wipe data/factory reset, format system, format boot). Do not report any issues if this is not performed!! -Install from SD card

---------- Post Merged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:45 PM ----------

No. This is ONLY for the NS4G.

How's this running for you.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Everything runs great. Too earlier to tell on battery though. I am running with air r1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch