Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Re: [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

I honestly love the new aokp build. I don't use Google now, but everything seems really quick and smooth.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    JB 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    I use NSTools to set options. Found you need to install, boot to recovery and set permissions. Using AirKernel r1 voodoo only, BLN on, I/O - Sio, Governor - lulzactive 200/800. Inc CPU load 80%, pump up 1 step, pump down 2 steps, screen off min step 5@200mhz. Everything else stock.
    im running v1.2 just dloaded the latest air kernel, set permissions, and theres no governor? i just wiped EVERYTHING including usb storage. think i need to set permissions AFTER rebooting with air kernel?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

Yes, to get air kernel to be configurable with nstools you will need to flash the rom and any of my mods you like, then kernel and boot up. Install apps and such, including nstools. Then boot into recovery and perform a fix permissions. Reboot and adjust the governor to you hearts content! Work of warning, and this is for all JB roms IMHO, freeze maps when not in use with titanium backup. It is a huge battery sucker.

My current kernel settings are noop scheduler, lulzactive governor, inc CPU load 80%, pump up one step, pump down 2 steps, screen off min 5@200 MHz. I often us BLN but it also is a battery drain.

Edit, and there is no need to wipe your USB storage or you loose your nandroid backup you created, right? Good luck!

ROM
    JB 4.1.1

I wiped after backing up, and moving all to my PC. I wanted a fresh start as my USB storage was getting too full too quick.

All is great now thx for everything!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    skinneejay likes this.

So I installed your ROM, worked great, then installed Air Kernel from here: . However I might have installed the wrong one and now when I power up after the GOOGLE on the screen where I should be getting the JB bootup screen I have a lovely blank (black) screen. I am a noob to this and I was like damn I bloody bricked my phone! But thank god I had followed the instructions fully I had a nadroid backup and restored the phone from that. Ahh it was so cool to see my Phone Back up and running. Thanks so much for making that step not optional so lazy buggers like myself did completely brick my phone!
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

although the one you used should have been fine. Make sure you either flash directly after the rom, or if you already booted up simply boot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing the kernel.
    Thanked by:

Will these mods work on another deodexed 4.1.1 ota rom?

although the one you used should have been fine. Make sure you either flash directly after the rom, or if you already booted up simply boot to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing the kernel.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by marleynyc View Post
    I have every faith that they will. But as always, Safety First and create a nandroid first!

Global Posts
    1,234 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ace Rom 1.7 / ACS 1.2

Very nice thank you for this just to make sure this includes the new radios from the new update correct?

Thanks Royce
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #86  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Very nice thank you for this just to make sure this includes the new radios from the new update correct?

Thanks Royce
    Actually it does NOT have the radio included. But there is an easy solution if you want it. This link is for a thread over on XDA that has all the various radios for our phone in a flashable zip format.

Question: You've mentioned that the native tethering has been fixed... Has it been modded for use without a tethering plan from the carrier? I'm scared to turn it on. >_>
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

Yes, the tether fix is to enable it for everyone without a tether plan. Feel free!
    Thanked by 2:

Great ROM overall, it's been very useful and a lot faster than stock. However, I can't seem to get Google Wallet to work with this ROM, despite trying a few workarounds. ( and Second.) Any suggestions?

A question, which version on that page should I use as I see 4 d/ls available?

Blue Color + 65fps
    Only Voodoo Color
    Blue Color + 65fps (Non-HighBigmem)
    Only Voodoo Color (Non-HighBigmem)

Yes, the tether fix is to enable it for everyone without a tether plan. Feel free!
    I don't have the tether plan with my carrier and I can confirm it works, what a life saver it has been too.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234