[ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [Updated 09/23/2012]

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed
_____________________________________________________​

This is a stock JellyBean 4.1.1 rom, based from the recent official release. Source provided by xda member gonzo320. I then converted it into a flashable with dsixda's Kitchen. As of right now, this is pure stock. The plan will be to provide mods, either by myself or other members who wish to help. This does not include the new radio, this is ONLY the rom.
Screenshot_2012-09-16-15-43-37.png

Changelog
v1 Release +Deodexed +Zipaligned +Rooted, BusyBox +All System Apps Updated v1.1 release +Fixed Google Voice Search force closing. v1.2 release +Updated Maps.apk and Velvet.apk +Native Tether of 3G now works (enable from Settings>Wireless & Networks>Tethering & Portable Hotspot) +Added several performance tweaks within the Build.Prop (most found here)

Installation Instructions
-Download JRO03R-v1.2-rooted.deodex.zip [MIRROR] and place on the root of the SD card (not in any folder). -Boot to recovery (power down, press volume up and power to enter bootloader, volume down to recovery and press power). -Create a nandroid backup. This is NOT optional, and for your safety. -Perform FULL wipe (wipe data/factory reset, format system, format boot). Do not report any issues if this is not performed!! -Install from SD card

Optional
Installing a new kernel is not necessary, but will potentially add improved battery life and added features like BLN (backlight notification). Which kernel is up to every user to decide, but Air Kernel has provided the best performance for me. But the choice is yours whether to use a custom kernel, and which to choose. If you decide to do so, NSTools from the market will allow control of a custom kernel's settings.

Additional Modifications
Installation Instructions for all MODS -Install the latest version of the rom first by following the directions above -Download the mod you desire and place on the root of the SD card -Create a Nandroid Backup -Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache -Install the mod from SD card -Reboot and enjoy!! Note - If you are installing the rom and mods together that is fine (no reboot between needed). You can simply flash the mods directly AFTER you flash the rom.
_____________________________________________________ Download - JRO03R-All.Mods.v2.zip This is a single zip that includes ALL mods to date found below, want them all? Use this! _____________________________________________________​
Advanced Power Menu This will enable the Reboot and Recovery options to Power Menu along with the existing Power Off and Airplane Mode. An added bonus will be that long press of the Recovery option will boot to the Bootloader! I followed the guide found here, provided by djmcnz over on XDA. This is partially in the way of a port of his work as I did use his images, just resized for the NS4G.
Screenshot_2012-09-16-15-47-38.png
Download - JRO03R-AdvancedPowerMenu.v2.zip _____________________________________________________​
100% Battery Mod This will add a full percentage battery modification. This uses the images I made for jstntp's Jellybutt Rom. The images were created in CorelDraw, and made to keep true to stock battery while adding functionality.
Screenshot_2012-09-16-19-49-04.png
Download - JRO03R-BatteryMod.zip _____________________________________________________​
Centered Lockscreen Clock Widget This modification works apon your lock screen. This will shift the clock and date to true center. This mod was found here at rootzwiki.com with djdarkknight96's tutorial. More so, bouchigo actually provided the mods for me. Much thanks!
Screenshot_2012-09-18-19-04-40_zpsf1edafa8.png
Download - JRO03R-CenterClock.v2.zip _____________________________________________________ Keep an eye out for more to come! Not sure what yet, I I am looking. I will likely be working more under the hood so to speak. Possibly performance mods coming soon​

Thanks go out to -
gonzo 320, for providing the source for this rom.
jstntp, for his continued support and answering of even the simplest of questions!
Paul627g for his help with decompiling jar files and knowing where to point me. Much appreciated.
dsixda, for his excellent rom kitchen
google, for android and easy access to the info I need when I need it.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed [OFFICIAL]

No, I have been having network issues getting it uploaded. Please be patient. It will be up soon.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Nice job man... I was going to build one but just don't have the time atm. Actually built the ROM already from source but didn't get around to putting the finishing touches.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Many Thanks!!! This will hold me over until either A. Peter releases a Bugless Beast JB for the nexus s 4g, or B I port over Bugless Beast to JB. Which I might do this weekend.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Many Thanks!!! This will hold me over until either A. Peter releases a Bugless Beast JB for the nexus s 4g, or B I port over Bugless Beast to JB. Which I might do this weekend.

+1 to BB port. I would donate for that.

Also, sorry for the noob question, but this can be installed over any ROM (using 6/9 BB now), right? Don't need to be on stock or unrooted, unlocked, etc.?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

+1 to BB port. I would donate for that.

Also, sorry for the noob question, but this can be installed over any ROM (using 6/9 BB now), right? Don't need to be on stock or unrooted, unlocked, etc.?

Flash away.. Make a backup first just in case..

I would recommend a wipe but you might be able to get away with a dirty flash.

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Flash away.. Make a backup first just in case..

I would recommend a wipe but you might be able to get away with a dirty flash.

Yeah, I was planning on doing full wipes but I've been reading in other places that the OTA can only go over stock and that some folks were having problems so I wanted to ask the question at least.

Thanks for the response.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I would follow the instructions above. I just tried a dirty flash and something wasn't working right for me.
It loaded but it just felt weird. Does that make sense? I think its best since it's like starting fresh.
Just -Perform FULL wipe (wipe data/factory reset, format system, format boot). I don't think you lose anything on your SDCard.
Then again I don't know for sure since most of my stuff is in the cloud.

I'll keep you informed on the Bugless Beast port. Hopefully this weekend.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I was planning on doing full wipes but I've been reading in other places that the OTA can only go over stock and that some folks were having problems so I wanted to ask the question at least.

Thanks for the response.

Yes that is correct if you were receiving the OTA notification and doing a stock system upgrade. In this situation your flashing a ROM via CWM/TWRP recovery so it doesn't matter one bit if its Gingerbread, ICS or JB and/or what status of the ROM is (stock, modified, kernels, etc. etc..)...

- - - Updated - - -

I would follow the instructions above. I just tried a dirty flash and something wasn't working right for me.
It loaded but it just felt weird. Does that make sense? I think its best since it's like starting fresh.
Just -Perform FULL wipe (wipe data/factory reset, format system, format boot). I don't think you lose anything on your SDCard.
Then again I don't know for sure since most of my stuff is in the cloud.

I'll keep you informed on the Bugless Beast port. Hopefully this weekend.

Yep a full wipe is always the best option. For the few extra minutes it takes to use Titanium or MyBackup to backup & restore your apps or data its worth the time to do the full wipes.

Normally the only time I ever dirty flash is if I'm doing an update to a ROM I'm already running and even then there are situations where a dirty flash can still cause issues.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Paul for jumping in. I am out of town today with horrid signal. I have been running this build all day with little issue.

Not sure if it is the bad signal but I am having issue with voice search , can any one verify? I may have to reinsert the stock app and let you all update it from the market.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I can confirm voice search is not working. Not sure who else uploaded this rom. Maybe we can get more confirmations. What can I do to fix this problem? It's not a deal breaker right now.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I can confirm voice search is not working. Not sure who else uploaded this rom. Maybe we can get more confirmations. What can I do to fix this problem? It's not a deal breaker right now.

A fix is incoming. A new version and a quick fix as well. Just waiting for it to upload

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

http://db.tt/ua1jSDd1 - This is a quick fix for voice search for those interested. Simply wipe cache/dalvik cache before flashing.

Also the OP is updated with a fixed rom

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I know this isn't the right spot. Are you running air kernel? If so how is it treating you? I've never had to install a kernel since Peter Alfonso always included one. I'm thinking about installing it today. If so how do I go back to stock kernel. Thanks.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

I know this isn't the right spot. Are you running air kernel? If so how is it treating you? I've never had to install a kernel since Peter Alfonso always included one. I'm thinking about installing it today. If so how do I go back to stock kernel. Thanks.

I am running stock, I like to run my Roms as is to find bugs if any. But air kernel has always treated me well. As for restoring stock kernel the simplest was is to wipe cache/dalvik and dirty flash the ROM+ and additionals (like the search fix)