Rooted but can't tether....

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Can any one please help!!!
I'm rooted stock JB 4.1 and my wifi tether won't work any more.
I've used Wireless Tether app since I got my phone and rooted it and it has worked beautifully before this!
When I open it and try it says, "can't tether. Is your phone rooted?"
Thanks to anyone that can help!!!

jdhamblin

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, JB broke tethering. I have heard foxfi (the app I use) is working on it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Wireless Tether for Root Users, from the market should work for you. But make sure you set your device from its settings menu.

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm trying both but still can't get it to work!
This has been what has kept me from getting an iPhone! I don't want to switch but this really sucks!
Anyone know if CM has a JB rom and how to get it (presuming that tether works)???

anon(674067)

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Regarding JRO03R - Stock 4.1.1 - Rooted, Deodexed
"+Native Tether of 3G now works"

Ok... what about 3rd party tethering apps? Jellybean has absolutely sucked butt when using 3rd party programs to tether anything. Does this new deodexed rom fix the tethering issues?

mr_fro2000

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Wireless Tether for Root Users, from the market should work for you. But make sure you set your device from its settings menu.

This is what i used as well. It even works with 4g which i used over this past weekend (native tethering doesnt seem to work w/ 4g). Also, if you read the reviews some people are saying if you put on encryption there could be some problems. Give it a try!