Anyone used PimpMyRom?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
All the things that does can be done with build.prop edits or init.d scripts. They often do help, but nothing super drastic. It saves battery partially my changing how often you WiFi will look for a signal for example. That's not going to double you battery life but might give you an extra hour of juice. Many devs include these tweaks in their ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
All the things that does can be done with build.prop edits or init.d scripts. They often do help, but nothing super drastic. It saves battery partially my changing how often you WiFi will look for a signal for example. That's not going to double you battery life but might give you an extra hour of juice. Many devs include these tweaks in their ROMs.

Thanks. I understood that it was just scripts tweaking things with settings, but I didn't know if it made any real difference or if the tweaks really gave a 0.5% improvement. A full extra hour is actually significant.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Well the hour bit might be an exaggeration. But from the example I gave before about WiFi, if you leave WiFi on and go away from your hotspot then it will constantly search every 3 minutes or so. Change that to search every 6 minutes you will just that part of your battery usage in half, assuming to begin with you as stupid like me to leave it on all day on occasion..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay