Contacts Issue, No area codes pulling up - Currently Running CM10 Nightlies on NS4G

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I can't really pinpoint exactly when I noticed this, but I'm pretty sure it has been an issue ever since I flashed CM10 on my NS4G. The issue I'm having is that for the majority of my contacts, the main phone number is indented 2 spaces. So what ends up happening is that when I open up the stock SMS app and I type in their name and I select them from the list, it pulls up the phone number, but not the area code. So then I send a message, and I get a message back saying the message could not be sent, which makes sense because the area code wasn't there.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you found a fix? Is this a CM10 issue? A JellyBean issue?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, no I have not. But I have always imputed phone numbers like this xxx-xxx-xxxx, no 1 no +1 etc. I don't know why you have the extra spaces, but to me the obvious fix would be to go thru your contacts and fix them. Of course if you an uber-ton of contacts that could take a while. The best way to do that would be thru your web browser to change your contacts directly, then resync your phone.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I mean, the strangest thing is that this all occurred after I flashed CM10. Contacts before were fine. And the issue really only occurs with SMS ... not with calling people. Oh well, I may just have to go through and fix them manually.

frankwhite8536

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. And I don't have my contacts listed with a 1 in the front. Only the 800 numbers. Most of mine are (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Any help would be appreciated. I could go through and change them but it only started happening with cm10.

dannieloco

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Did u evr get a fix for this issue? I think the point people are missing is that it happens also when I get a missed call from a number that isnt saved in my phonebook. I tend to text the person that Ill call back later, The text wont export the area code to the SMS app, and thus wont send the text properly. Is there a fix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12