Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM10 - Why is Deep Idle greyed out? And how do I enable back button long press to force quit?

I just installed Cyanogenmod 10 on my phone (so far it seems very responsive!) and a few things don't seem to be working or I can't find them:

1. Deep Idle (under settings->Advanced) is unselectable
    2. I can't figure out how to enable using a long press on the back button to force quit apps

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default Re: CM10 - Why is Deep Idle greyed out? And how do I enable back button long press to force quit?

Deep idle does not play nice on cm10 at least for the ns4g (don't have other devices so don't know about them). In the early days of jellybean it not wake when deep idle was enabled so that mod has been shelved until a fix is found

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: CM10 - Why is Deep Idle greyed out? And how do I enable back button long press to force quit?

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Deep idle does not play nice on cm10 at least for the ns4g (don't have other devices so don't know about them). In the early days of jellybean it not wake when deep idle was enabled so that mod has been shelved until a fix is found

thanks! that's to bad, deep idle really helped the battery. I might have to go back to cm9 just for that

The long press on BACK button to kill apps may or may not be in CM10. I would be surprised if it wasn't hidden deep in there somewhere, but it is possible it was left out or will be added in at a later update.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    The long press on BACK button to kill apps may or may not be in CM10. I would be surprised if it wasn't hidden deep in there somewhere, but it is possible it was left out or will be added in at a later update.
    It is there. Tucked in the developer options

Good stuff. I used that all the time on my NS4G. I'm not one to wait patiently for Android to shut down my apps.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    It is there. Tucked in the developer options

thanks!