1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Default Question about CM10.0.0

Hey all,

I've been running CM10 nightlies from the get go on my NS4G, and I recently updated to CM10.0.0, which I presume is the stable version. Is this a final release? I've noticed that CM has released nightlies on the 15th, 16th, and now today again for the 17th. Is there a benefit to keep flashing over the new nightlies, or should I be sticking with CM10.0.0. With new nightlies coming, is it safe to presume there will be a subsequent "stable" version being released? A lot of questions, I know -- and I appreciate all of your insight!
    Last edited by corolla90; 11-17-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Default Re: Question about CM10.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by corolla90 View Post
    Hey all,

I've been running CM10 nightlies from the get go on my NS4G, and I recently updated to CM10.0.0, which I presume is the stable version. Is this a final release? I've noticed that CM has released nightlies on the 15th and now today again for the 17th. Is there a benefit to keep flashing over the new nightlies, or should I be sticking with CM10.0.0. With new nightlies coming, is it safe to presume there will be a subsequent "stable" version being released? A lot of questions, I know -- and I appreciate all of your insight!
    Nightlies are unstable, meaning they could add or fix something while breaking something else. Stable releases mean that after all their QA, everything appears to work correctly. I don't know what's in the nightlies, perhaps some minor bug fixes, perhaps building towards JB 4.2, but if they're changes that turn out to be stable, you'll see a CM10.1 release at some point.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Nightlies are unstable, meaning they could add or fix something while breaking something else. Stable releases mean that after all their QA, everything appears to work correctly. I don't know what's in the nightlies, perhaps some minor bug fixes, perhaps building towards JB 4.2, but if they're changes that turn out to be stable, you'll see a CM10.1 release at some point.
    Ok, cool. Good to know, thanks!

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Android 4.2 is coming before too long. Cyanogenmod has confirmed it will be CM10.1 as it is still jellybean. Any further stable updates to CM10 will be 10.0.1 etc. As for whether you should stick with the stable version or return to nightlies, at this point I would just wait. No new features will be added, so unless you have bugs you are good.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2