Question about CM10.0.0

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I've been running CM10 nightlies from the get go on my NS4G, and I recently updated to CM10.0.0, which I presume is the stable version. Is this a final release? I've noticed that CM has released nightlies on the 15th, 16th, and now today again for the 17th. Is there a benefit to keep flashing over the new nightlies, or should I be sticking with CM10.0.0. With new nightlies coming, is it safe to presume there will be a subsequent "stable" version being released? A lot of questions, I know -- and I appreciate all of your insight!

Last edited:

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey all,

I've been running CM10 nightlies from the get go on my NS4G, and I recently updated to CM10.0.0, which I presume is the stable version. Is this a final release? I've noticed that CM has released nightlies on the 15th and now today again for the 17th. Is there a benefit to keep flashing over the new nightlies, or should I be sticking with CM10.0.0. With new nightlies coming, is it safe to presume there will be a subsequent "stable" version being released? A lot of questions, I know -- and I appreciate all of your insight!

Nightlies are unstable, meaning they could add or fix something while breaking something else. Stable releases mean that after all their QA, everything appears to work correctly. I don't know what's in the nightlies, perhaps some minor bug fixes, perhaps building towards JB 4.2, but if they're changes that turn out to be stable, you'll see a CM10.1 release at some point.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Nightlies are unstable, meaning they could add or fix something while breaking something else. Stable releases mean that after all their QA, everything appears to work correctly. I don't know what's in the nightlies, perhaps some minor bug fixes, perhaps building towards JB 4.2, but if they're changes that turn out to be stable, you'll see a CM10.1 release at some point.
Ok, cool. Good to know, thanks!

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Android 4.2 is coming before too long. Cyanogenmod has confirmed it will be CM10.1 as it is still jellybean. Any further stable updates to CM10 will be 10.0.1 etc. As for whether you should stick with the stable version or return to nightlies, at this point I would just wait. No new features will be added, so unless you have bugs you are good.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2