Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flashing ROMs fails

I had CM10 for a while, but I grew tired of the sluggishness so I decided to go back to CM9. I have tried to flash a few ROMs with both TWRP and CWM, but they all fail so now I'm stuck with stock ICS. I've bever really had this problem before. Suggestions?

Global Posts
    6,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Flashing ROMs fails

Not much info to go on, but I had problems with several ROMs at one point. I started downloading directly to my phone with Chrome over WiFi, and haven't had a problem since.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Not much info to go on, but I had problems with several ROMs at one point. I started downloading directly to my phone with Chrome over WiFi, and haven't had a problem since.
    Basically when I try to flash CM9/10 it stays either on the boot screen or on the Google logo. I think I'm doing everything right clearing cache/dalvick then flashing the ROM. I don't know whats going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Basically when I try to flash CM9/10 it stays either on the boot screen or on the Google logo. I think I'm doing everything right clearing cache/dalvick then flashing the ROM. I don't know whats going on.

Global Posts
    6,879 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

So did you try my suggestion?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel

Do a full data wipe/factory reset from within recovery. That should get it flashed without trouble.

As far as you old data/apps from your previous ROM use Titanium Backup or MyBackup Root to save those and you can pull those back into your new ROM once flashed.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central