Issue getting NS4G to mount as USB storage

Label facing right

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
So I'm trying to root my NS4G and am following this but from what I've seen all of the rooting guides are pretty much the same. Anyway, everything goes fine up to the point where I need to mount the phone as USB storage device from within clockwork, it just sits there, my phone says it's in USB storage mode however my computer will not recognize it. Anyone else having this problem or know what to do to fix it?

piaa_nissan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, I ended up rebooting and skipping setup and going to mount USB. I installed the file and rebooted into CWM. All the superuser file does is give you permissions to install rooted software so as long as you don't try this before installing SU you should be fine.

prehakker622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have had the same issue, but I just rebooted the device and then installed it when the device went into USB mode. I am now having problems with my NS4G working in USB mass storage mode. When I connect the phone it gives the option to have the phone as a mass storage device, but when this is connected and I try to transfer files to the device it un-mounts itself and freezes up my computer. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but some help would be greatly appreciated.

lcpltyler

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok need help. I rooted my Sprint Nexus S 4g I was playing with roms in the rom manager app. I installed the stock nexus s rom 2.3.3. i lost all ability to connect my phone via usb and yes i do have the drivers installed. in fast boot it says "USB Control Init" and then and the same time this pops up "USB Control Init End" cant re-root or do anything via usb.

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is all fixed. Look at the usb port on the phone and there is a tab that hte usb plug slides onto. On mine that tab was pushed over and was not fitting inside the usb plug so I took a small knife and bent it a little so it was more centered and it is all fixed!

Last edited:

lwanmoeoo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
hi I need ur help, pls I rooted my Sprint Nexus S 4g I was playing with roms in the rom manager app. I installed the stock nexus s rom 2.3.3. i lost all ability to connect my phone via usb and yes i do have the drivers installed. in fast boot it says "USB Control Init" and then and the same time this pops up "USB Control Init End" cant re-root or do anything via usb.

I waiting ur help!!!!!!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
hi I need ur help, pls I rooted my Sprint Nexus S 4g I was playing with roms in the rom manager app. I installed the stock nexus s rom 2.3.3. i lost all ability to connect my phone via usb and yes i do have the drivers installed. in fast boot it says "USB Control Init" and then and the same time this pops up "USB Control Init End" cant re-root or do anything via usb.

I waiting ur help!!!!!!

do you have pdanet installed on both your computer and phone? It will make it a whole lot simpler.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I waiting ur help!!!!!!

I would try a factory re-set first since you are trying to go back to the stock rom and then you should be back to original and it should work. I don't know much about rooting but this makes sense.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
fri what did you mean pdanet to install?

Download pdanet from the market. Download pdanet on your computer. Run the program on you computer. When it says that the Samsung drivers are installed and asks you if you want to reinstall choose yes. Follow the directions and you will get a good link from your computer to the phone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk