Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default bricked 4G with a 3G PIT file using Odin, need PIT file, anyone?

Hi, i've been searching XDA-developers all morning about this issue, please help. I just realized the problem and also that there isnt much in terms of support. If anything, i am getting another Galaxy 4G for wife on Monday, so i can pull the PIT file, but can someone tell me how to do it, or how to make one? Thanks.
    ROM Developer

what? dude a pit file is specific for that phone model. using a different phones pit is bound to be a bad idea.. its your partitions information table.. aka what goes where.. by using another phones partitions map you do have the chance at bricking..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yea, too late, but thanks for the warning. I didn't realize it want the right phone. The other one I am getting is the same model,i can hypothetically use that pit if I can get it out, right?
    ROM Developer

yea if you can get the ns4g pit then no issues.. i got a dump of the files ill look and see if i cant find anything that looks like it

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts
    Carrier
    aosp v41 (until he update

Read my file below yours - Stock Rom for those that need it.

I used something wrong trying to unlock - completely bricked phone, still can't root mine for some reason - found this over on xda and used it, back up and running.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: bricked 4G with a 3G PIT file using Odin, need PIT file, anyo

sorry to revive an old thread but i am desperately searching for the NS4G pit file...anyone out there have it? Thanks in advance!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Go to the xda-developers forum for Samsung galaxy s 4g and go into the developer section. You will find the Bible that has the pit file I found and other things. You can actually just use the unroot to stock and it will have all the files.

Quote Originally Posted by u170who View Post
    Go to the xda-developers forum for Samsung galaxy s 4g and go into the developer section. You will find the Bible that has the pit file I found and other things. You can actually just use the unroot to stock and it will have all the files.
    i havent found em, provide links?

Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
    ....and shows the following:
    ....................................................................................
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME:
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
    Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lukwiya Lakony View Post
    Hey... Thanks a bunch.

i have a samsung galaxy s3 which doesnt get past the first black and white screen which shows Samsung Galaxy S3, GT-I9300.

it can go in download mode.
    ....and shows the following:
    ....................................................................................
    ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME:
    CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD:No
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Custom.

Downloading....
    Do not turn off target !!

further still, it cannot go in recovery.

How can odin help me?

please help.

Regards,

Tom LL
    Tom,

This is the Sprint Nexus S 4G forums. The forums you need would be at the following location.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...xy-siii-i9300/

Good luck