4) choose your options. I went with gingerbread option
5) Click on file upload tab. You will need to upload 2 files from your phone. I used ES file exploer to get the files and upload them to my computer via LAN connection. Files are:
Upload both files to the UOT kitchen
On the left side of the upload page, leave everything default.
Click the summary page, check your settings, Donate and click submit work to kitchen.
Wait until you get the file. Download the file and save it to SD card on your phone.
6) Boot into bootloader and select recovery
7) DON'T SKIP THIS. MAKE A FULL NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH FLASHING
8) Wipe cache and davlik cache in recovery.
9) flash the zip file that you got from the kitchen and reboot the phone.
10) Enjoy your fishing
Or if this doesn't work for you, and I'm chicken which is okay, found an app in the market - simple battery
that puts an accurate, non battery draining number on top. Do not like the standard and had these on rooted Epic. This is working well for me.