rom features

doosh

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a rom with these specific features for my nexus s 4g on sprint?

1) Delayed lock screen pattern timeout. I switched from the HTC evo and it had this feature. I'd like to have the pattern lock on with the option to activate it after 5, 10, 15 minutes, etc... Right now it's activated every time the phone is off (not powered off but on standby or whatever).

2) Integrate facebook contact info. Updates and galleries from the contact menu would alright too.

Thanks.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
2) Integrate facebook contact info. Updates and galleries from the contact menu would alright too.

Thanks.

Cant help with the lock screen, in fact I'm quite skilled at EAS bypassing to disable device admin aka policy forced lock screens :)

Regarding FB, Cyanogen allows for contact syncing using the FB app. I'm not sure if any other dev has added this feature because i dont keep up too much, too many roms, but really any chef with the knowledge could fix the FB sync issue really easy. If you try out a ROM, and FB won't sync, ask the dev to add the feature. They would need to decompile contactsprovider.apk and add Facebook (facebook kitana whatever the official name is) back in then recompile. Entire process should take about 2 minutes so i'm sure if they haven't done it yet, they'd be happy to make that change because this is a popular request.

Hope that helps.

doosh

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
... 2 minutes so i'm sure if they haven't done it yet, they'd be happy to make that change because this is a popular request.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the response. Geez. I didn't know those lock screens are so easy to bypass after a quick search on youtube. Do you have any suggestions regarding security if I were to ever .. *gasp* .. loose my phone?

I will have to look into how to request for adding specific features for roms. I'd also like to have to ability to dim or have the bottom touch buttons (back, menu, search, home) time out after a specific amt of time, but I know this is getting nit-picky. :p

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Geez. I didn't know those lock screens are so easy to bypass after a quick search on youtube. Do you have any suggestions regarding security if I were to ever .. *gasp* .. loose my phone?

The lock screen on many a phones have had little bugs that made them fairly simple to bypass if found by someone mischievous. Our phone doesn't have that particular issue and if locked and found by someone, there's really no way to get into the phone without wiping all info. The feature I was referring to was something I added to all my roms (I'm happily retired before you ask lol) which allows exchange active sync users to bypass the forced company policy. While what I do can/will get you dismissed from your job should your data security IT ever find out, I know a lot of people who use EAS really appreciate that feature in a ROM :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463