Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839
Like Tree42Likes

Default Re: [Official] July 25th Update - Links first post, and/or page 7

Update also improves speakerphone quality? Didn't notice.
    Wast the update going change something with NFC?

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    ROM
    Peter's Bugless Beast ICS

To the people who live in the chicagoland area I received a little bit of news from a buddy who works for sprint and their tech division. I had no clue this was going on until he told me.See the information below. Explains why my data speeds and coverage have been so up and down.

"A large portion of the Chicago area, including your zips, are being affected by capacity issues.They are working on increasing services and abilities to handle more volume by upgrading existing and adding new towers This is a very large over-haul and unfortunately will take some time to complete As of today, we estimate noticable relief by 10/28."

I just wish Sprint would have told us in Chicagoland about this. I would have been understanding and fine with it. Just let us know.
    Last edited by skinneejay; 08-10-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the heads up.

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    ...I just wish Sprint would have told us in Chicagoland about this. I would have been understanding and fine with it. Just let us know.
    I wish Sprint would open their corporate mouth and keep customers on the loop about these issues which obviously are also affecting other markets such as mine.

After going through weeks of good speed, low speed, no speed 3G here, and multiple calls to Sprint about this, I finally got this same info from a technician, after several doses of usual customer service "there are no reported issues in your area, we can refresh your signal and you have to do a factory reset" crap.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Testing 4g for first time now. Working good. Staying connected unlike before. Did a Cnet speed test twice. First was like 4100 mbps. Other one was 5700mbps.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Ive disconnected twice while moving in a car. How long is it supposed to take to reconnect. Because it doesn't like to. And as soon as I try it connects. The entire area is covered in wimax for miles around.

Wimax suck. Lol.

Just keep watching the phone while your driving, soon your connection won't matter

Crap my 4g dropped damn WIMax, s*%t TRUCK (insert big bang followed but the sound of tinkling glass and cooling metal)
    MasterShultz likes this.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkHirt View Post
    Just keep watching the phone while your driving, soon your connection won't matter

Crap my 4g dropped damn WIMax, s*%t TRUCK (insert big bang followed but the sound of tinkling glass and cooling metal)
    I wasn't the one driving. I'm done with WiMax. Garbage. Cheap trick. Gimmick like a 3d evo. I would rather have sprints version of HSPA+. At leas that was a good trick.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #959  

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

I'm not defending WiMax, but I don't think it's known for holding on to a signal while moving.
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    I'm not defending WiMax, but I don't think it's known for holding on to a signal while moving.
    I'm probably making it up to be what it's not in my mind. (A cell network like 3g.) But, maybe it shouldn't be marketed like that if it's not. I'd say it preforms just a LITTLE better than public hotspots. As you don't necessarily need to be in small locations near businesses.

I still don't like it either way, lol. Or maybe I'm being harsh. Because it's available in the one spot around here I can't find Optimum WiFi, lol.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839