voicemail notification icon won't go away?

wordweaver

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is this a Google thing? I cannot get the voicemail notification icon to go away in the notifications bar. I have checked the vm and I have none. I've tried clearing it every way that I can find and think of. Anyone else ever have this? Any fixes?

OldCoastie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Is this a Google thing? I cannot get the voicemail notification icon to go away in the notifications bar. I have checked the vm and I have none. I've tried clearing it every way that I can find and think of. Anyone else ever have this? Any fixes?
Had this happen to me. Call your cell number from another phone and leave yourself a voice message. Give it enough time to show up on your cell voice mail. Now just go through the normal steps of retrieving your voice mail. Listen to your message all the way through and at the end delete it. That should clear everything up. It is not your phone. It is a Sprint problem.

cteneyck

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i had this problem too. i resolved it by activating an old "dumb" phone, leaving a msg and deleting it on the "dumb" phone. then reactivating my smart phone.

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Had this happen to me. Call your cell number from another phone and leave yourself a voice message. Give it enough time to show up on your cell voice mail. Now just go through the normal steps of retrieving your voice mail. Listen to your message all the way through and at the end delete it. That should clear everything up. It is not your phone. It is a Sprint problem.

I can confirm this works :)

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I can also confirm this does work, give it a try.

How do you delete VM messages? It used to be 3 iirc, but I'm not sure now.

If you are accessing VM by dialing, then is #7 at anytime you are listening or done with the message, #9 to save for later.

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
They really need to add a button like my pre had to clear the voicemail count. This leaving myself a voicemail crap is for the birds, it works for me but is still a pain.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

wordweaver

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
They really need to add a button like my pre had to clear the voicemail count. This leaving myself a voicemail crap is for the birds, it works for me but is still a pain.
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

They have a button for that -- go to settings on your NS4G, follow to the "more" icon and hit delete. Pretty simple. It deletes everything except these two archived voicemail alerts on my phone.

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If you hang up too fast after saving or deleting a message the phone won't get the signal to clear the icon and it will be stuck there. To clear it, next time you get a message give it a few seconds after clearing or saving the new message and the icon will disappear.

wordweaver

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you hang up too fast after saving or deleting a message the phone won't get the signal to clear the icon and it will be stuck there. To clear it, next time you get a message give it a few seconds after clearing or saving the new message and the icon will disappear.
Do you mean delete the message while listening to the voicemail by hitting 7? Or, do you mean delete the message by hitting the delete call log setting on the phone? I have tried both ways and neither seems to work. I still have the icon. However, I think that this has something to do w/ Google voice because while the icon that claims I have two vm is on my phone, when I call my vm, it says that I have no vm. Not sure what to do here. It is annoying.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think this must be a GV thing. I leave a vm to myself but it only archives it.

They have a button for that -- go to settings on your NS4G, follow to the "more" icon and hit delete. Pretty simple. It deletes everything except these two archived voicemail alerts on my phone.

Settings under what? Can you be more specific?

oversteer325

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean delete the message while listening to the voicemail by hitting 7? Or, do you mean delete the message by hitting the delete call log setting on the phone? I have tried both ways and neither seems to work. I still have the icon. However, I think that this has something to do w/ Google voice because while the icon that claims I have two vm is on my phone, when I call my vm, it says that I have no vm. Not sure what to do here. It is annoying.

I'm not using google voice. I'm talking about the standard Sprint voicemail system. Sorry if I misunderstood the original question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995