1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default voicemail notification icon won't go away?

Is this a Google thing? I cannot get the voicemail notification icon to go away in the notifications bar. I have checked the vm and I have none. I've tried clearing it every way that I can find and think of. Anyone else ever have this? Any fixes?

Default Re: voicemail notification icon won't go away?

Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Is this a Google thing? I cannot get the voicemail notification icon to go away in the notifications bar. I have checked the vm and I have none. I've tried clearing it every way that I can find and think of. Anyone else ever have this? Any fixes?
    Had this happen to me. Call your cell number from another phone and leave yourself a voice message. Give it enough time to show up on your cell voice mail. Now just go through the normal steps of retrieving your voice mail. Listen to your message all the way through and at the end delete it. That should clear everything up. It is not your phone. It is a Sprint problem.
    Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

i had this problem too. i resolved it by activating an old "dumb" phone, leaving a msg and deleting it on the "dumb" phone. then reactivating my smart phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coastie View Post
    Had this happen to me. Call your cell number from another phone and leave yourself a voice message. Give it enough time to show up on your cell voice mail. Now just go through the normal steps of retrieving your voice mail. Listen to your message all the way through and at the end delete it. That should clear everything up. It is not your phone. It is a Sprint problem.
    I can confirm this works
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

How do you delete VM messages? It used to be 3 iirc, but I'm not sure now.

ROM
    Stock Android 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coastie View Post
    I can also confirm this does work, give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    How do you delete VM messages? It used to be 3 iirc, but I'm not sure now.
    If you are accessing VM by dialing, then is #7 at anytime you are listening or done with the message, #9 to save for later.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

I tried that and all it said was archive but the icon is still there

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

They really need to add a button like my pre had to clear the voicemail count. This leaving myself a voicemail crap is for the birds, it works for me but is still a pain.
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    They really need to add a button like my pre had to clear the voicemail count. This leaving myself a voicemail crap is for the birds, it works for me but is still a pain.
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    They have a button for that -- go to settings on your NS4G, follow to the "more" icon and hit delete. Pretty simple. It deletes everything except these two archived voicemail alerts on my phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    I tried that and all it said was archive but the icon is still there
    Yeah, mine won'tr go away either. It has got to be a setting. Will keep searching.

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you hang up too fast after saving or deleting a message the phone won't get the signal to clear the icon and it will be stuck there. To clear it, next time you get a message give it a few seconds after clearing or saving the new message and the icon will disappear.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by oversteer325 View Post
    If you hang up too fast after saving or deleting a message the phone won't get the signal to clear the icon and it will be stuck there. To clear it, next time you get a message give it a few seconds after clearing or saving the new message and the icon will disappear.
    Do you mean delete the message while listening to the voicemail by hitting 7? Or, do you mean delete the message by hitting the delete call log setting on the phone? I have tried both ways and neither seems to work. I still have the icon. However, I think that this has something to do w/ Google voice because while the icon that claims I have two vm is on my phone, when I call my vm, it says that I have no vm. Not sure what to do here. It is annoying.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Yeah, I think this must be a GV thing. I leave a vm to myself but it only archives it.

They have a button for that -- go to settings on your NS4G, follow to the "more" icon and hit delete. Pretty simple. It deletes everything except these two archived voicemail alerts on my phone.
    Settings under what? Can you be more specific?

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do you mean delete the message while listening to the voicemail by hitting 7? Or, do you mean delete the message by hitting the delete call log setting on the phone? I have tried both ways and neither seems to work. I still have the icon. However, I think that this has something to do w/ Google voice because while the icon that claims I have two vm is on my phone, when I call my vm, it says that I have no vm. Not sure what to do here. It is annoying.
    I'm not using google voice. I'm talking about the standard Sprint voicemail system. Sorry if I misunderstood the original question.