Sprint Error Text Message 2128

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to send a text message for the past hour and having been receiving a text immediately once the text indicates that it was sent. The Text comes from the number 9230 and states:
"The message could not be delivered due to a temporary network setup error. Please try later. Error 2128."
Has anyone ever received this message before? Is there something wrong with my account or is this likely an issue with others in my area (NYC)?

nybravest

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's you. I'm experiencing the same issue. My 4G during the mornings have been bad, too. Full Bars but, limited or no data at all

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just called Sprint. I have an error 2128 every time i try sending a text. They said they are fully aware of the problem and are trying to fix it...so it's not you

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Its a sprint issue. I have a tower down near me and none of ky phones can send or recieve texts right now.

Sent from my Inspiration

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has had a ongoing problem with text messages for the past day or so. You will send a text message and the receiver will not get the message for a couple of hours. This is likly related.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for quick response. I guess I'm somewhat relieved that its not just me.
As for 4G, I have barely used it since I got the phone because the 4G radio is terrible--hoping that the rumored update is for real and that it fixes that.
Anyone else out there getting this text message error?

It's times like these that make me appreciative for an app like liveprofile--my wife and I can still send messages to each other even though text isnt working!

chrismc

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here in St Louis, MO. OTA Profile and PRL updates are also busted. I bet anything our vaporware update gets delayed on account of this.

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
So if Sprint texting is down nationwide, how is it my brother, who is on the exact same plan as me, in the same family plan on Sprint, is sending AND receiving texts? Color me confused.

Lanny84

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think texting may be back up and running. Just sent myself test message and i received it within a few seconds. No error message popped up.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Well that does not seem to be true, I have seen no problems with my texting so far, my last one was a few minutes ago and went through just fine. There may be a areawide problem, but is certainly not nationwide.
well my system said nationwide . if im wrong sorry, plus if you use google voice which is data then your fine too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital