holy battery life...

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
turned my phone off last night to charged it because it charges better that way...when I woke up I turned it on and it was fully charged, well to 96% because that how high it charges for some reason...I unplugged it at around 8:30...it's 11:26 and it's already down to 43%...

so far Evo > NS4G on battery life

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
That has not been my experience. I got what I considered great battery life on my EVO, and my NS4G is noticeably better for me. Sounds like something in the background running chewing up battery life.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, hate juice defender. You have something going on to eat up that much battery. Have you checked the battery stats to see what's using it up? You might want to do a reset

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, something is wrong. I had some issues like this after I downloaded a couple apps. I cant remember what it was, but a poorly written app running in the background can chew through battery.

The only other time I have anything similar to your experience is my office at work. It was very poor reception so it drains the battery quicker there.

Normal everyday use I average about 16 hours

corndog22cl

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my phone constantly (moxier mail) and my battery can go 15-17 hrs on a single charge. You might have a defective battery. How long have you had your phone? Everyone told me that you have to "train" your battery by charging up to full and then completely discharge it for the first few weeks. I thought it was some BS but my battery life got better over the course of the first month of ownership.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I stopped worrying about battery life...lol. I get decent life, 12-15 hours if I moderately use the phone and have a decent signal throughout the day. But if I use the phone a lot I can drain half the battery in 5 hours. I hate the big bulky extended battery so I bought another Samsung one and bring it with me if I am going to be out all day...but that's rare. This is my 2nd NS4G...my first one had horrid signal and battery life.

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm on my phone constantly (moxier mail) and my battery can go 15-17 hrs on a single charge. You might have a defective battery. How long have you had your phone? Everyone told me that you have to "train" your battery by charging up to full and then completely discharge it for the first few weeks. I thought it was some BS but my battery life got better over the course of the first month of ownership.

I've only had the phone about a week lol...I didn't "train" the battery. I have never done that with a phone before...I'm changing some things around on my phone right now and i'll see if it improves at all.

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you don't have GPS and 4G on? Also if you use anything similar to Google Latitude that might really eat up your battery..

I personally get around 15 hours with my use (Heavy music w/ Amazon Cloud or Mspot + Moderate Texting).

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Are you sure you don't have GPS and 4G on? Also if you use anything similar to Google Latitude that might really eat up your battery..

I personally get around 15 hours with my use (Heavy music w/ Amazon Cloud or Mspot + Moderate Texting).

We don't have 4g where I live and i have location turned off and my screen turned down as low as it can go...i do have a live wall paper on it and google voice running...i also use widget locker

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
looks like you are running a custom kernel, maybe try the stock kernel for a bit as a test.

I run stock, leave everything on except for 4g and bluetooth. Battery life has been great for me.

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
1. I prefer green power to juice defender. 2. If you're rooted already, why not flash a difference kernel and use setcpu to see if you can increase your battery life through that route?

khamvongsa09

May 16, 2011
Visit site
We don't have 4g where I live and i have location turned off and my screen turned down as low as it can go...i do have a live wall paper on it and google voice running...i also use widget locker

As far as I know, Google Voice might be a big factor in your low battery life. Also if you have your phone rooted, setting your CPU always helps (I use an app called "SetCPU"). Also I have Juice Defender Beta and it seems to help a lot. I have a live wallpaper on (Nexus Revamped) and still get my battery life with some tweaking to the settings the live wallpaper offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae