Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default holy battery life...

turned my phone off last night to charged it because it charges better that way...when I woke up I turned it on and it was fully charged, well to 96% because that how high it charges for some reason...I unplugged it at around 8:30...it's 11:26 and it's already down to 43%...

so far Evo > NS4G on battery life
    List of my current addictions:
    NS4G - Unlocked Stock ROM + Matr1x-v4
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

Default Re: holy battery life...

That has not been my experience. I got what I considered great battery life on my EVO, and my NS4G is noticeably better for me. Sounds like something in the background running chewing up battery life.

2 words, Juice Defender.

Another two words, Phone Exchange?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikexus_S View Post
    2 words, Juice Defender.

Another two words, Phone Exchange?
    looking in to juice defender...I just ordered the extended battery...if that doesn't help at all, I'll unroot and exchange the phone lol
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Ugh, hate juice defender. You have something going on to eat up that much battery. Have you checked the battery stats to see what's using it up? You might want to do a reset

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Do not like Juice Defender.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Ugh, hate juice defender. You have something going on to eat up that much battery. Have you checked the battery stats to see what's using it up? You might want to do a reset

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    52% display
    12% android system
    10% voice calls
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TehMan View Post
    52% display
    12% android system
    10% voice calls
    Somethings up with your phone...i get 2 days worth

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Yes, something is wrong. I had some issues like this after I downloaded a couple apps. I cant remember what it was, but a poorly written app running in the background can chew through battery.

The only other time I have anything similar to your experience is my office at work. It was very poor reception so it drains the battery quicker there.

Normal everyday use I average about 16 hours

ROM
    Deck 1.3/Matr1x-cfs5.5

I'm on my phone constantly (moxier mail) and my battery can go 15-17 hrs on a single charge. You might have a defective battery. How long have you had your phone? Everyone told me that you have to "train" your battery by charging up to full and then completely discharge it for the first few weeks. I thought it was some BS but my battery life got better over the course of the first month of ownership.

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

I stopped worrying about battery life...lol. I get decent life, 12-15 hours if I moderately use the phone and have a decent signal throughout the day. But if I use the phone a lot I can drain half the battery in 5 hours. I hate the big bulky extended battery so I bought another Samsung one and bring it with me if I am going to be out all day...but that's rare. This is my 2nd NS4G...my first one had horrid signal and battery life.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by corndog22cl View Post
    I'm on my phone constantly (moxier mail) and my battery can go 15-17 hrs on a single charge. You might have a defective battery. How long have you had your phone? Everyone told me that you have to "train" your battery by charging up to full and then completely discharge it for the first few weeks. I thought it was some BS but my battery life got better over the course of the first month of ownership.
    I've only had the phone about a week lol...I didn't "train" the battery. I have never done that with a phone before...I'm changing some things around on my phone right now and i'll see if it improves at all.
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

look and see what services are running: settings>applications>running services

ROM
    Stock

Are you sure you don't have GPS and 4G on? Also if you use anything similar to Google Latitude that might really eat up your battery..

I personally get around 15 hours with my use (Heavy music w/ Amazon Cloud or Mspot + Moderate Texting).
    "A World Without Music Is Like A World Without Oxygen" - ATB
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by khamvongsa09 View Post
    Are you sure you don't have GPS and 4G on? Also if you use anything similar to Google Latitude that might really eat up your battery..

I personally get around 15 hours with my use (Heavy music w/ Amazon Cloud or Mspot + Moderate Texting).
    We don't have 4g where I live and i have location turned off and my screen turned down as low as it can go...i do have a live wall paper on it and google voice running...i also use widget locker
    Evo 4g - GB Evo Deck
    Droid Charge - stock ROM

looks like you are running a custom kernel, maybe try the stock kernel for a bit as a test.

I run stock, leave everything on except for 4g and bluetooth. Battery life has been great for me.

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Do not use Juice Defender, it won't help you.

I don't use ANY task killers and I get, on average, 2 days, 14 hours out of my battery.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui/Pete's Kernel

1. I prefer green power to juice defender. 2. If you're rooted already, why not flash a difference kernel and use setcpu to see if you can increase your battery life through that route?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TehMan View Post
    We don't have 4g where I live and i have location turned off and my screen turned down as low as it can go...i do have a live wall paper on it and google voice running...i also use widget locker
    As far as I know, Google Voice might be a big factor in your low battery life. Also if you have your phone rooted, setting your CPU always helps (I use an app called "SetCPU"). Also I have Juice Defender Beta and it seems to help a lot. I have a live wallpaper on (Nexus Revamped) and still get my battery life with some tweaking to the settings the live wallpaper offers.
    "A World Without Music Is Like A World Without Oxygen" - ATB

ROM
    Stock

I got about 16-20 hours of battery life when I first got it, but now I don't get anything more than 10 hours a day.

Bought external charger and 2 batteries for $10 on eBay, no more worries!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

yeah the nexus s 4g battery life is horrible, worst battery. evo battery > ns4g battery

Quote Originally Posted by tbistONE View Post
    yeah the nexus s 4g battery life is horrible, worst battery. evo battery > ns4g battery
    No.

i find that VERY hard to believe while i can go 16+ hours off a charger with my nexus while my evo would only go for 5-7. i can push email/twitter/facebook at the fastest settings with high brightness on my nexus and i'll get at least 8-10 hours with constant checking and tweaking.

After owning an EVO 4g for a year... that has not been my experience at all. I got great battery life on my EVO and even batter battery life on my NS4G.

You probably have an issue with an app that is draining your battery if your experience with the NS4G has been such.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast