1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Exchange Email Stopped Working

Hello,

I noticed that my exchange email has stopped syncing. Has anyone else came across this issue or know how or why this is happening?

Default Re: Exchange Email Stopped Working

We run into that at my company from time to time and we just delete the Exchange account and recreate it and it works every time for us. Not sure why it happens though (unless you recently changed your password).

I've had this issue with both my hotmail and work exchange accounts. They're both set to push, but will occasionally stop updating. Really annoying and I'm not sure what the cause is. Google needs to step it up when it comes to exchange accounts considering how well Gmail works.

I usually end up restarting my phone and then it will correct itself, but this is a pretty bad option for a high end smartphone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by automatous View Post
    I've had this issue with both my hotmail and work exchange accounts. They're both set to push, but will occasionally stop updating. Really annoying and I'm not sure what the cause is. Google needs to step it up when it comes to exchange accounts considering how well Gmail works.

I usually end up restarting my phone and then it will correct itself, but this is a pretty bad option for a high end smartphone.
    This is exactly what is happening with me...it works for a while, then it gets hung up and won't refresh or even refresh manually. I have to fanagle it work by reseting it, setting up the account again etc... I never had this issue on my Optimus - which to me is really silly considering that the Optimus is one of the lowest end devices on the market.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I have had this happen and all I have to do to get it working again is just reboot my phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by bkrasso View Post
    I have had this happen and all I have to do to get it working again is just reboot my phone.
    Dang...this stinks...sounds like its all over. Does anyone have any idea whether or not this is a device issue, Android issue, or something else? I just had my sys admin buddy set me up a faux account to test on and see if it my work's settings or if it is just a bug that is everywhere.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Device. My Evo worked well with exchange. NS4G for some reason doesn't update much.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    Device. My Evo worked well with exchange. NS4G for some reason doesn't update much.
    That's ridiculous...argh... So you are saying that you have experienced what I have talked about here?
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

Exactly.
    Live long, Rock hard
    Best in the World