how's everybody's nexus holding up?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How is doing? Durability,how do carry it? What phone did you come from and how does it compare?
I came from the evo and loved it other than crap that always got under the screen. Loved the sense UI but always wanted a nexus but tmo sucks in my area.
I carry my nexus in a active x case with a zagg screen guard. No problems for now except for a little creak of the battery door, which normally wouldn't bother me but its right where I hold it when I type in landscape. A strategicly placed piece of electrical tape solved it.

All in all this is the best deivice I have ever owned. For once I don't see myself looking for the next best thing. And the odd thing is that I got a nexus for the customization but have no desire to change it.
Let's hear your thoughts and opinions on it.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So far my Nexus has been a awesome phone.No problem whatssoever except fot the pic gallery delay that was really annoying.Had to use another pic gallery app to make it work smoothly.I would still like to try out the Evo 3D though.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I came from the EVO 3D, and this is an amazing phone. Smooth transitions, Great battery life, amazing screen. Just loving the pure google.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the pure Google the best part. The only thing I wish they did different on the this nexus s is a matte surface. Gloss black is great when its clean.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I came from the EVO 3D, and this is an amazing phone. Smooth transitions, Great battery life, amazing screen. Just loving the pure google.

If you dont mind me asking what made you change from the Evo 3d.Reason i ask is because i was thinking of trading my nexus s for a Evo 3D

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from an EVO 4G and I find the Nexus to be a huge upgrade. I keep mine in an active x with a steinheil screen protector. I'm in construction, so I have to keep it armored. I find that the Nexus feels more solidly built than my EVO. I would like a soft touch battery door, but other than that, its solid. EVO's have a ton of creeks and hardware problems, like the screen lifting, light bleed, and the plastic ring around the screen cracking everywhere. The Nexus doesn't seem to have this issues to me.

I tried out the 3d before buying the Nexus. It didn't impress me, and as of right now, the Nexus is just as fast in everyday tasks, and puts up benchmark scores that are comparable to the dual cores. I don't think I'll be looking at a new phone until the next Nexus comes out.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have yet to see a nexus live in person. I heard it was fantastic.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see a nexus live in person. I heard it was fantastic.

The difference between the Nexus and the EVO is about as big as the difference between the EVO and the Hero.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow. That big of a difference?? EVO has all I need but I'll probably check it out eventually.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow. That big of a difference?? EVO has all I need but I'll probably check it out eventually.

As far as I'm concerned. I've used the Nexus and the 3d side by side, and in every day tasks they are the same speed. The Nexus flies

piaband

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone heavily with no case. had it since launch day and doesn't have a single scratch. So far, so good

McRoth

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone heavily with no case. had it since launch day and doesn't have a single scratch. So far, so good

Same here. I really love my nexus! Came from a Pre, this is pretty much the form factor I've been wanting since less than a year after I had the Pre.

zzz0ned

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine for a couple of months. It's my first smart phone so the battery life disappoints me but overall I'm not sure it could be much better.

I do have a nice cushy case that I bought via Android Central and I have a screen protector on the way.

I wish it did have expandable memory but that's my only niggle.

zzz0ned

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
worse than your Thunderbolt was?

Much, much better than the TB.

I still swear I could visibly see the battery indicator decrease on the TB.

Sprint's coverage has been much better for me. Somewhat a surprise for other folks, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome