Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how's everybody's nexus holding up?

How is doing? Durability,how do carry it? What phone did you come from and how does it compare?
    I came from the evo and loved it other than crap that always got under the screen. Loved the sense UI but always wanted a nexus but tmo sucks in my area.
    I carry my nexus in a active x case with a zagg screen guard. No problems for now except for a little creak of the battery door, which normally wouldn't bother me but its right where I hold it when I type in landscape. A strategicly placed piece of electrical tape solved it.

All in all this is the best deivice I have ever owned. For once I don't see myself looking for the next best thing. And the odd thing is that I got a nexus for the customization but have no desire to change it.
    Let's hear your thoughts and opinions on it.

Default Re: how's everybody's nexus holding up?

So far my Nexus has been a awesome phone.No problem whatssoever except fot the pic gallery delay that was really annoying.Had to use another pic gallery app to make it work smoothly.I would still like to try out the Evo 3D though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't know why but I really have no interest in 3D. Now a 3D HD TV would be great.

I came from the EVO 3D, and this is an amazing phone. Smooth transitions, Great battery life, amazing screen. Just loving the pure google.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah the pure Google the best part. The only thing I wish they did different on the this nexus s is a matte surface. Gloss black is great when its clean.

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stocks the best!

So far so good, carrying my nexus naked

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I came from the EVO 3D, and this is an amazing phone. Smooth transitions, Great battery life, amazing screen. Just loving the pure google.
    If you dont mind me asking what made you change from the Evo 3d.Reason i ask is because i was thinking of trading my nexus s for a Evo 3D

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Yeah the pure Google the best part. The only thing I wish they did different on the this nexus s is a matte surface. Gloss black is great when its clean.
    Get an Incipio case. You'll love it.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

I came from an EVO 4G and I find the Nexus to be a huge upgrade. I keep mine in an active x with a steinheil screen protector. I'm in construction, so I have to keep it armored. I find that the Nexus feels more solidly built than my EVO. I would like a soft touch battery door, but other than that, its solid. EVO's have a ton of creeks and hardware problems, like the screen lifting, light bleed, and the plastic ring around the screen cracking everywhere. The Nexus doesn't seem to have this issues to me.

I tried out the 3d before buying the Nexus. It didn't impress me, and as of right now, the Nexus is just as fast in everyday tasks, and puts up benchmark scores that are comparable to the dual cores. I don't think I'll be looking at a new phone until the next Nexus comes out.

I have yet to see a nexus live in person. I heard it was fantastic.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I have yet to see a nexus live in person. I heard it was fantastic.

The difference between the Nexus and the EVO is about as big as the difference between the EVO and the Hero.

Wow. That big of a difference?? EVO has all I need but I'll probably check it out eventually.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Wow. That big of a difference?? EVO has all I need but I'll probably check it out eventually.

As far as I'm concerned. I've used the Nexus and the 3d side by side, and in every day tasks they are the same speed. The Nexus flies

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by jtexans View Post
    Get an Incipio case. You'll love it.
    I love my seidioonline active case. I just wonder why manufacturers insist on making devices gloss back. I loved when I was able to get the silver PSP.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

I use my phone heavily with no case. had it since launch day and doesn't have a single scratch. So far, so good

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subnaiyo View Post
    I use my phone heavily with no case. had it since launch day and doesn't have a single scratch. So far, so good

Same here. I really love my nexus! Came from a Pre, this is pretty much the form factor I've been wanting since less than a year after I had the Pre.

I've had mine for a couple of months. It's my first smart phone so the battery life disappoints me but overall I'm not sure it could be much better.

I do have a nice cushy case that I bought via Android Central and I have a screen protector on the way.

I wish it did have expandable memory but that's my only niggle.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz0ned View Post
    I've had mine for a couple of months. It's my first smart phone so the battery life disappoints me but overall I'm not sure it could be much better.
    worse than your Thunderbolt was?

Mine is in pristine condition. No complaints.

Smile Re: how's everybody's nexus holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    worse than your Thunderbolt was?
    Much, much better than the TB.

I still swear I could visibly see the battery indicator decrease on the TB.

Sprint's coverage has been much better for me. Somewhat a surprise for other folks, I guess.

To anyone that might be looking to squeak out some extra battery life, make sure you're logged out of Latitude. Even if you've never used it before.

Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingerbread Deck, Matrix

Its holding up ok but collecting a lot of dust around the bezel of the screen. I've yet to drop it naked but I don't find it as sturdy as my old Droid. Say what you want about moto but those suckers can take a hit like a champ.

From Nexus with love
    Razr>Juke>POS Blitz(Broken)>Droid> Epic 4g(returned)>Nexus S 4g

Quote Originally Posted by enik View Post
    Its holding up ok but collecting a lot of dust around the bezel of the screen. I've yet to drop it naked but I don't find it as sturdy as my old Droid. Say what you want about moto but those suckers can take a hit like a champ.

From Nexus with love
    Is the dust under the screen?

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

My phone is doing fine. I had to replace it because I had a defect on the phone but the replacement is brand new and 100% fine.

I replaced the phone back on May 30th and had my first wifi drop issue from it last night however it was not the phone's fault. My router doesn't have a REALLY strong signal and all my wifi-enabled devices (iPod touch 4th Gen, LG Optimus V, Windows laptop, PSP, and DSi) all have trouble in the spot where I lost it at.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by enik View Post

From Nexus with love
    Yeah, Motorolas are tanks. Sprint customers are going to realize when the Photon comes out. They'll be more well built than the EVO's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast