Nexus S 4G screen not timing out

jalopy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had the issue of the screen staying on indefinitely? The screen can be turned off with the power button, but the automatic timeout is failing. Powering off and restarting helps, but after a few hours it starts to behave badly again. I don't have any obvious apps running that would cause it to do this. Changing the timeout time in Settings has no effect.

Ideas? Thanks!

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Just to eliminate all possibilities.....this isn't happening only when it's plugged in is it?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had the issue of the screen staying on indefinitely? The screen can be turned off with the power button, but the automatic timeout is failing. Powering off and restarting helps, but after a few hours it starts to behave badly again. I don't have any obvious apps running that would cause it to do this. Changing the timeout time in Settings has no effect.

Ideas? Thanks!

Do u have keep screen on checked in the dev settings

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jalopy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
No, this is happening when it's not plugged in (but also displays the same behavior when plugged in). I thought I had a breakthrough because after switching from a live wallpaper to a static image wallpaper, the screen timed out again. Alas, it seems that it was a temporary fix, because now the screen is staying on again, and switching wallpaper doesn't fix it anymore.

What's most puzzling is that upon powering back up it works fine and then randomly some hours later it starts to act up again. I've tried to correlate it with particular apps being run, and am suspicious of GChat, but I'll have to look into it further.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
same thing happened to me too. have to reboot the phone. other strange thing is when i go back to the home screen, i can't scoll to the other screen, it just stucked on the home screen. the icons on the home screen will work if i press them. thinking about hard resetting my phone, but since ics is coming soon, i will just wait for the update and see if that fixes it.

Oreasa

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, I believe this is an issue with the Lollipop OS update. My Galaxy Note 3 started having the same problems after the update. My Nexus has been doing the same thing since I bought it in February. When I went from my Galaxy to the Nexus I even switched from Verizon to Google Fi. I've looked around and other android users seem to have the same problem with other devices on Lollipop. I'm hoping this will be fixed with Marshmallow that's coming out soon. My husband's phones do not have this problem to my knowledge (we have always had the same model phones), but his phones have been rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol