Still no update...

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The instructions are posted. It takes all of 5 minutes to update. I have no sympathy for those that don't have the update and want it.

Call me what you want but "realist" should be one of those things.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your help, I already have the file - downloaded it as soon as it was available - and know very well how to proceed with the installation. I have just chosen to wait on this one, at least until I get the official notification that is. Too many contradictory experiences regarding how much improvement it brings to the phone.

Thanks anyway.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your help, I already have the file - downloaded it as soon as it was available - and know very well how to proceed with the installation. I have just chosen to wait on this one, at least until I get the official notification that is. Too many contradictory experiences regarding how much improvement it brings to the phone.

Thanks anyway.

Agreed. And have my own reasons as well. lol. If it was in this post or not. All I have to say is Epic.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
At least you two guys have (somewhat = P ) rational reasons.

Majority of people just like to whine about not having it and then totally ignore the dead simple option of manually installing it.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
At least you two guys have (somewhat = P ) rational reasons.

Majority of people just like to whine about not having it and then totally ignore the dead simple option of manually installing it.

lol. If I didn't have an Epic before this phone I'd probably be updated already. The phone scarred me for life.

I rooted wiped relfashed updated that phone more times than most people do on numerous phones combined, lol.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Installed mime about 2 hours ago. I'm seeing 1 bar extra on both wifi and 3g. Hate to admit it cause it makes me wrong. But my 3g is better.

I'm loading webpages in locations with low service I couldn't before. And in my drive way I did a test to make sure. Before I would do voice to speach and it wouldn't go through. Just tried it now. Instant.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Speed test app showed me at 300kbps. Wtf. Did the cnet website test. Gave me a 1150kbps. I saw around 1300 in their a for a while.

The speed test app was giving me consistent 300kbps area. Somethings wrong with that app.

Liking this new update.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Noticed my YouTube videos loaded a few seconds quicker. Even HQ was quick. Before it tool like 20-30 seconds. Under 10 here. I like it. I'm not listening to the bad feedback. Just people who complain about everything and will never be happy.

And if I'm wrong. Its cause these did it manually. Hackers! Lol.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Noticed my YouTube videos loaded a few seconds quicker. Even HQ was quick. Before it tool like 20-30 seconds. Under 10 here. I like it. I'm not listening to the bad feedback. Just people who complain about everything and will never be happy.

And if I'm wrong. Its cause these did it manually. Hackers! Lol.

You do realize your on a forum that talks about all forms of android phones.There's no need to make comments about people that applied the update manually,there is no difference at all between accepting the OTA or flashing it in stock recovery. That's the whole point of Nexus phone's the updates are from google no need to fear about things getting all screwed up because Google made the update for the phone not samsung not sprint.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You do realize your on a forum that talks about all forms of android phones.There's no need to make comments about people that applied the update manually,there is no difference at all between accepting the OTA or flashing it in stock recovery. That's the whole point of Nexus phone's the updates are from google no need to fear about things getting all screwed up because Google made the update for the phone not samsung not sprint.

You don't get my sense of humor I guess. And forget the tmobile nexus update that washed out the screen.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
You don't get my sense of humor I guess. And forget the tmobile nexus update that washed out the screen.

I must not,cause to me it almost seems like you put down hacking/rooting phones and it's not something to be scared of at all. Updates and phones are not perfect never have never will be. There's nothing in the world that's perfect stuff fails sometimes and it could happen to anyone at anytime. If there's was something worry about when applying the ota into recovery i would be one of the first in line screaming that it shouldn't be done. When people see your post what if they don't get the humor and get all scared off? That's the part i don't understand,it's a nexus it's made to be unlocked and played with if you choose to.

EDIT: Im done going off topic,sorry OP for taking over your thread and
@blackhawka4 no harm no fool,;)

Last edited: