Just got 2.3.5 update - now apps are invisible!

reneeh63

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update to Android 2.3.5....

However, the apps I put on my homescreen are visible but NOTHING shows up when I use the Launcher icon to view installed apps. Of course I panicked thinking they'd been totally wiped out, but when I go to

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, THEN they are all listed. But what good is that if I can't actually access them to use them?

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm dyin' here!

Last edited:

reneeh63

May 26, 2010
Visit site
When u say the apps you put on your homescreen, do you mean widgets/shortcuts?
Yeah - the homepage widgets are visible, but that's it.

And I was NOT rooted - just switched from an EVO 4G to the Nexus a couple weeks ago. Not in a hurry to root so figured I might as well wait for the update....

reneeh63

May 26, 2010
Visit site
...a couple more clues as to what might be happening:

I wanted to see if the apps I had downloaded prior showed up as "installed" when I went to the Android Market - of course I had to go via my browser - when I did, they showed as installed and when I tried to re-install was given a list of devices which included my old EVO. When I selected my new Nexus as the device and installed a new app I didn't have on my old or new phone, THEN it showed up when I use the Launcher icon from my homescreen. So now it shows up as my ONLY installed app! All the stuff I'd initially installed on my new Nexus shows up as "installed" so of course I can't re-install from the Market.

When I went out to my Sprint account, it shows only my new Nexus S phone.

Is it possible that even though my new phone is registered that when the update went out my phone DISPLAY didn't show my apps even though of course the apps are physically installed on my phone? How do I get everything "sync'd" up again?

Also, today some updates were showing up so I did that - for those apps I updated, they now appear when I use my Launcher icon from the homescreen, but none of the others.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084