The reason I'm really exited about ice cream sandwich

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I wouldn't have insulted him if he didn't insult an operating system he couldn't figure out to use. I've owned a 2 Blackberries; an iPhone; and 2 Android devices.

1- I went from iPhone to Blackberry and never looked back. That says a lot from the Blackberries short comings on the multimedia side.

2- Android is way better than iPhone. Maybe the Iphone market is bigger; but, it's been around a lot longer; and, people make money by providing apps to a larger market; which, currently, is starting to sway. So more apps will be coming and I'm sure this will equal out.

And the hardware on your Nexus MAY be outdated; but, it gets the job done; and, the Iphone4 isn't exactly blowing it out of the water like other hardware is.... from Android.

I understand you. I had a BB Storm and it was trash. I assume BB OS has grown a lot since then and has hopefully improved.

PS- I meant to say that WP7 is the only "other" OS I'd want to use.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand you. I had a BB Storm and it was trash. I assume BB OS has grown a lot since then and has hopefully improved.

PS- I meant to say that WP7 is the only "other" OS I'd want to use.

If I just wanted a phone; and, didn't use mine as much as I do; and, for what: I'd get a wp7.

I can't wait for Windows 8 to come out; and, get onto some tabs. MM.

I'm sorry, there is one thing I'll argue to the death about. The hell do I want an Android tab for? Screen size... ehhhhh. It doesn't do anything mine phone doesn't that I'd need it for; and, if I did need a second device: Windows 8.... on a tab. Dream.

iPad, Android Tabs. Gimmicks. like 3d. If it doesn't fit in my pocket you better believe it better wow me in some other aspect than screen size and UI. It better function like a desktop. And in turn... plug into a TV to turn into a desktop.

Windows 8.
10.1 Inch Tab
2-4 core. (That new PSP is 4 cores so don't tell me a tab can't be).
2-4gb of ram.
OLED Display
32-64gb of HDD/Flash Drive. With SD Card Slots
HDMI Out
Full Size USB (connect disk drives, keyboards, mice, external HDD. (Of course all will work since it's full windows desktop)
Wifi/LTE/3g/ and even a Cat5 connection for when you plug it into your TV.
SD card slot (For reading and expanding portable memory; maybe add multiple slots)

Dream portable device right there.

Don't get me wrong. I love the look and everything from HC. Now put it on my phone already and forget about the tab because it's useless right now until you can run every program linux/windows can.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well I wouldn't have insulted him if he didn't insult an operating system he couldn't figure out to use.

Who said he couldn't figure out how to use it?

During the closing panel, Chamillionaire got up to express his love for the iPhone and his frustration that Android has not been able to create even one device that can match it.

Furthermore, he didn't just insult it and then end the conversation, instead he actually asked for recommendations of an Android phone that could win him over.

But Chamillionaire kept pressing. He wanted a single, clear answer. Which Android device should he use?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
What's ice cream sandwich?
Nub.

well if you haven't already googled it (like you should have), it's the next dessert-themed Android release after Honeycomb. Get it? Cupcake...Donut...Eclair...Froyo...Gingerbread...Honeycomb (tablets only)...Ice Cream Sandwich...

Not sure what dessert starts with a J...hmmm...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
well if you haven't already googled it (like you should have), it's the next dessert-themed Android release after Honeycomb. Get it? Cupcake...Donut...Eclair...Froyo...Gingerbread...Honeycomb (tablets only)...Ice Cream Sandwich...

Not sure what dessert starts with a J...hmmm...

Jello. If they want to pay for the name

Sent from my Transformer

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I think you're probably right. I would have liked to see a Jello sculpture out there though

So would I! This guy would be perfect for the ads, too.

In Europe, don't they call Jell-o gelatin dessert "jelly"?

I think 'Jelly Bean' will probably be it, though. More universally recognized terminology.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Yep! Duarte who was the designer behind WebOS, is indeed bringing that stuff to ICS:

aug92011googlesearchandroid.jpg

Anyone who has used WebOS will notice the similarities to "Just Type" on WebOS.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Had me thinking that was a pic of ICS for a sec there lol...

I think it is.

Google had posted it but then quickly removed the post. It's now believed it was posted by accident and it refers to a future update to how search will work on Android. So I think it's ICS.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it is.

Google had posted it but then quickly removed the post. It's now believed it was posted by accident and it refers to a future update to how search will work on Android. So I think it's ICS.

I could be wrong, but isn't that a pic of a Honeycomb search? I have to go check my Transformer

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think it is.

I read; and, commented on both Google Tweet and Blog Post. (The one you said was deleted). 6 Comments. The last being mine. 4 of them said that there was no update button on search. One comment stating that their search automatically updated. Mine stating that there was none and I thought it had something to do with the new Market. (As updates tend to lag for some reason with the new market.).

The tweet and blog post were deleted shortly after I had posted my commented. However, I don't think it was an accident being it was posted on the blog; and, tweeted about from Google with link to the blog. How do you make two mistakes?

The blog read there was a new search app update for android devices. "Quicker, smoother, easier". It also gave a link to the market to download; and, a bar code to scan (Which linked to the market). If it's a picture of ICS.... why would you have to update your search... it would come with ICS. And, if it was a post meant to be for none ICS devices after ICS comes out. How do you mistakenly post an blog and tweet that aren't supposed to come out until q4 in mid August.

I can't tell you why it was there in both places and then magically disappeared. And I can't tell you if that one person really did get the update. But I can tell you that's definitely not ICS. For something so secret and something so "New" why is that the GB status bar? With green... Honeycomb is blue... I'd assume they're going blue as it's the newest looking OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty