Phone has signal but not making calls or getting data

frylock11

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I work in a large building that uses repeaters to help boost signal through the building. They took the system down over the weekend for repairs and an upgrade. I always got good enough signal throughout the building, sometimes it would bounce between 3g and 1x, but I could make calls and got data fast enough. After this upgrade/repair, I'm seeing slightly better signal displayed but I can't make any phone calls or use data. I have 3 bars with the green 3g but as soon as I try to make a call it drops. I can't get the web to load or use any apps that need a data connection. I thought repeaters just boosted the signal so I don't get how my phone can get signal but not be able to use it. Is there a setting on my phone I need to check? I'm running 2.3.5 Thanks

dmora01_AC

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I work in a large building that uses repeaters to help boost signal through the building. They took the system down over the weekend for repairs and an upgrade. I always got good enough signal throughout the building, sometimes it would bounce between 3g and 1x, but I could make calls and got data fast enough. After this upgrade/repair, I'm seeing slightly better signal displayed but I can't make any phone calls or use data. I have 3 bars with the green 3g but as soon as I try to make a call it drops. I can't get the web to load or use any apps that need a data connection. I thought repeaters just boosted the signal so I don't get how my phone can get signal but not be able to use it. Is there a setting on my phone I need to check? I'm running 2.3.5 Thanks
It is only happening when you are inside the building or all the time?

gmleonar#AC

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
i dont know if im having a similar problem, but ive had my phone for a little over a week now, and have had no problems with signal, may have had lower strength but data worked fine, and today, ive been bouncing between data roaming/no 3g service on sprint. this is the first day ive encountered the problem and not sure as to what it is. just figured id put it out there to see if anyone else is having a similar problem...

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Signal on my new nexus is not great at all at home -- same problem I had on evo and evo 3d as a matter of fact. Have to keep it up on the window sill in order to get any signal. It's rooted, but I can't get the wireless tether to work -- had to break down and turn on the hotspot today so I could access the internet on my computer. Disappointed, but I do love the phone, so I might just have to learn to deal with it. I have a blackberry style as well and it gets a great signal -- so I'll just have to figure it all out.

Can I do a number switch -- is that something Sprint will do, or ????

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Op, it seems to be an issue inside the building and you have poor signal even though the phone bars show otherwise. It may be picking up a signal and quickly looses it because it's weak.

I experience the same thing at work.

Sent from my wildheroc using Tapatalk

Thrasherx2k1

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Signal on my new nexus is not great at all at home -- same problem I had on evo and evo 3d as a matter of fact. Have to keep it up on the window sill in order to get any signal. It's rooted, but I can't get the wireless tether to work -- had to break down and turn on the hotspot today so I could access the internet on my computer. Disappointed, but I do love the phone, so I might just have to learn to deal with it. I have a blackberry style as well and it gets a great signal -- so I'll just have to figure it all out.

Can I do a number switch -- is that something Sprint will do, or ????

What you need to do is call Sprint and complain politely about your signal at home. More than half the time they will send you out a Airave device for free and waive the $4.99 monthly fee as well. Airave will give you full bars throughout your house as well as great 3G signal. I am easily able to pull in 1.5mbps down and 500kbps up with it. Can't beat free!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC