1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please Help!!!

I am updated to 2.3.5 yet I seem to only get service at work(huge office building). When I walk outside i barely get 1 bar. When im at my home I get maybe 1 bar of wifi and one bar of data.

Please!! What can i do to make my speed better and give me more bars? Anything!!

Thank You
    ROM Developer

Default Re: Please Help!!!

there is nothing we can do to help you, except maybe tell you to check out roam control and see if verizon offers better signal for ya. the one downside is that youll be roaming so if you use too much data sprint will throw a tizzy and threaten to cut you off
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin View Post
    there is nothing we can do to help you, except maybe tell you to check out roam control and see if verizon offers better signal for ya. the one downside is that youll be roaming so if you use too much data sprint will throw a tizzy and threaten to cut you off

Check out roam control?? How do you do that?

Go to settings, then touch wireless newtworks. Then go to mobile networks at the bottom. You should see somethings about roaming. I am pretty sure that is how you control roaming.

roam control is an app for rooted phones that will force the phone to roam vs roaming set to available.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy View Post
    roam control is an app for rooted phones that will force the phone to roam vs roaming set to available.
    Thanx but roam control didnt work! Guess I'll troubleshoot some more!

Have you tried going back to 2.3.4?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    Have you tried going back to 2.3.4?
    No, I didnt know how. Do I need to be rooted for that?

Quote Originally Posted by bjones521 View Post
    No, I didnt know how. Do I need to be rooted for that?
    You're not rooted?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

You're not rooted?
    Of course. Yes im rooted.

Dumb question, but have you restarted a few times since you installed the update? I found it got a bit better after a restart (not 4G, that still sucks, but 3G).

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Dumb question, but have you restarted a few times since you installed the update? I found it got a bit better after a restart (not 4G, that still sucks, but 3G).
    I would definitely try this first, but go a step further and just pull the battery for a few minutes.

Of course. Yes im rooted.
    Just making sure before I tell you to download the 2.3.4 zip and the corresponding radio to your phone and then reflash them through Clockword Mod.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I would definitely try this first, but go a step further and just pull the battery for a few minutes.

Just making sure before I tell you to download the 2.3.4 zip and the corresponding radio to your phone and then reflash them through Clockword Mod.

Yea I tried that....doesnt work smh. how can i download 2.3.4?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Ok thanx Shud I appreciate you helping but Im somewhat of a noob. Should i download Odexed or DeOdexed. Also should i download the software images and the radio too? if so...which one?

Ok thanx Shud I appreciate you helping but Im somewhat of a noob. Should i download Odexed or DeOdexed. Also should i download the software images and the radio too? if so...which one?
    GRJ22 Stock Rooted ROM and D720SPRKD8 Radio are 2.3.4 and the radio for it. Generally deodexed is what is recommended for speed. I can go into the two options more if you'd like regarding what each one means, but that's really all it boils down to in the end.