1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GV app question

I just got my NS ywo days ago. I am coming from a Blackberry 9650. So far other than the slow charging issue, I absolutely love mt Nexus S!

But there is one thing I miss with the Google Voice app that I had with the BB. In the BB GV app there were two tabs. One had messages, the other was call history. I cannot find call history in the Nexus GV app anywhere.

To clarify, I have my GV # set to show on my caller ID so I know that it is my GV # that is ringing vs my cell #. It was nice to be able to go into the app to see the real caller id when necessary. Is there a setting I need to change to get this functionality?

Default Re: GV app question

Quote Originally Posted by genen73 View Post
    I cannot find call history in the Nexus GV app anywhere.
    That's because of Google's idiotic design/naming choices. Instead of the app having things like "Place A Call," "Call History", etc being buttons, they hid them in odd places. Here's how to get it:

1. Open the Voice app

2. Click the "Menu" button at the bottom of the creen (that's the button that looks like 4 lines with one longer than the rest - like a dropdown - it's not on the screen but a white button below the screen)

3. Choose "Labels"

Then you'll see a list with a bunch of labels. Scroll down and choose either "Placed," "Received," or "Missed" and that's your call logs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well I'll be damned. Thanks!

If you have it set to just Inbox all of them will show up, you just have to know what each icon means. BUT it's still nice to be able to use the labels function to go directly to whichever group you're looking for.