Nexus s or epic 4g

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
The specs are about the same. Free at best buy today. But it is for my wife and she likes physical keyboards.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had experience with the Epic and I did not like it at all. It was very laggy, I do not like touchwiz, and I do not think the keyboard was worth all the hype. I would have her play with the Nexus S. Unlike the Epic, the Nexus S will be provided with all the latest updates since it is Google's flagship device. Many features such as NFC. And plus it's free today. All you will have to do is pay the tax!!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had no problem getting a full day or more with normal use when I had my Epic.

If your wife is anything like my girlfriend, she doesn't know or care what an OS is or what Pure Google/TouchWiz means. If a physical keyboard is important to her, go with the Epic.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a Nexus, and my wife has an EPIC. She says it is the best physical keyboard she has ever had (BB, Samsung Moment, etc.) I think it lags as well, and her battery life is awful. She doesn't seem to mind, and has simply gotten used to plugging it in whenever the opportunity presents itself.

She doesn't mind the Touchwiz. I don't think she really cares. The keyboard was what she wanted, so that's what we got.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If she really wants a physical keyboard, go with the Shift. :D But if I had to make the choice between the two I would definitely pick the Nexus. My buddy has an Epic and he is constantly looking for a charger, plus it just feels cheap. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

rancre

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Owned an Epic before I picked up the NS4G and boy is it bulky. I guess that comes with the physical keyboard, but I despised touch-wiz and it took them forever to update to Froyo. The Nexus S interface is much snappier and feels like the old iPhone 3G in the hand. I honestly haven't been happy with Samsung, but if you had to pick one, I'd go with the Nexus . You're always going to have the latest and greatest when it comes to software and battery life is much better. Just my 2 cents :)

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Same phone. Minus the keyboard. Minus the WORKING software; and, timely updates.

Came from Epic to Nexus and haven't looked back, ever.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
If she wants a keyboard go with the Evo Shift over the Epic. Had the Shift for a few weeks and liked the phone quite a bit - only sent it back after the new of the Nexus S 4G came out.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If your due up for a new phone now, I would just wait. The photon just came out and the samsung galaxy s2 is coming out. Plus you also have evo 3d. I would just try all those phones and see which one you like more. Neither have a keyboard but right now there are no dual core phones with a keyboard.
You could also buy an evo shift or epic off contract and use it till something you like comes along.
Htc announced they'll be releasing several new phones before end of year. One of those phones could be a dual core phone with a keyboard. Only reason I didn't wait and got the 3d is because I'll be able to renew in 1 year again.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463