NS4G Samsung Conquer or evo shift?

Zalmy2#IM

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all I'm a total newb to android, thinking of buying my first android now. Considering this 3 devices cause this are the only 4G devices that fits in my hand... Features I'm looking for is Great call quality, battery life, Fast No lag even when lot apps are open, Great Radios. So far the Conquer looks the best. What do u guys think? Tnx in advance

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
How could a nonexistent device with specs far below the NS4G and comparable to the shift be in the lead :p Seeing as the Nexus has a 5 mp camera not the 3.2 mp on the conquer the Nexus has an 4 inch 800x400 super amoled screen not the 3.5 inch 320x480 HVGA (not sure if its SLCD or not) display that the conquer tries to pass off and the conquer doesn't even use the Hummingbird processor. Its just a budget 4g handset, it probably will never get updated with the exception of a maintenance update or two while the Nexus will get everything first as long as the hardware supports it. I'd only consider the shift if you want the keyboard but the last two updates its gotten have ruined it. Go for the Nexus. At least its out on the market already...

Zalmy2#IM

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Tnx for replying. The reason I said the conquer is cause the size if the phone is smaller and that's what I like and it also has 1 GHZ processor same as NS4G and with smaller screen it should have longer battery life and faster with no lag. NO? And I don't care about camera and display resolution.. So what do u say?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How could a nonexistent device with specs far below the NS4G and comparable to the shift be in the lead :p Seeing as the Nexus has a 5 mp camera not the 3.2 mp on the conquer the Nexus has an 4 inch 800x400 super amoled screen not the 3.5 inch 320x480 HVGA (not sure if its SLCD or not) display that the conquer tries to pass off and the conquer doesn't even use the Hummingbird processor. Its just a budget 4g handset, it probably will never get updated with the exception of a maintenance update or two while the Nexus will get everything first as long as the hardware supports it. I'd only consider the shift if you want the keyboard but the last two updates its gotten have ruined it. Go for the Nexus. At least its out on the market already...

Buddy has a shift. Said after the GB update he has terrible battery life and the phone is all wacky. FYI. (Can't confirm. Might want to look into that if you device for it.)

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The Shift is decent if you need a keyboard, but I wouldn't put the Conquer anywhere near this group.

Zalmy2#IM

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't see what's wrong with the conquer can some1 pls explain ? It has same size processor as NS4G and same size screen as shift. Tnx in adance sorry if its dumb questions I'm total newb to android

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
1ghz doesn't mean 1ghz Hummingbird. (I don't know anything about the phone. Just based off what I read here, lol).

My personal opinion: If your going to have a smaller screen: get a keyboard. It's hard enough for me to type on a 4inch screen to begin with. Maybe you have tiny fingers. I don't know. Just my two cents.

And, as always: I recommend Nexus. If you want Google (The NFL?) then go to Google (The NFL?).

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
same "speed" yes, but thats like saying a 1ghz pentium chip is the same as a 1ghz amd chip. how they handle the speeds are very different, qualcomm isnt known for having good battery life (ask any evo4g user).

if you want the top devices IMO right now as it stands the nexus 4g, then the epic 4g, and then the photon 4g.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
same "speed" yes, but thats like saying a 1ghz pentium chip is the same as a 1ghz amd chip. how they handle the speeds are very different, qualcomm isnt known for having good battery life (ask any evo4g user).

if you want the top devices IMO right now as it stands the nexus 4g, then the epic 4g, and then the photon 4g.

If you don't mind then Samsung updates; and, want a keyboard. The Epic is the best hardware. (I don't approve on their updates though).

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The conquer has a Qualcomm chip not the Hummingbird SoC. It also will not run stock so the battery life will probably not be as good and we don't even know if the battery is as big as the NS4G. Since the phones are pretty much the same price go for the nexus. Its the better phone.

From Nexus with love

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The conquer has a Qualcomm chip not the Hummingbird SoC. It also will not run stock so the battery life will probably not be as good and we don't even know if the battery is as big as the NS4G. Since the phones are pretty much the same price go for the nexus. Its the better phone.

From Nexus with love
Hell, he might even be able to get a Nexus for free.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you are coming from a small phone? Whatever you pick, spend quite a bit of time in the store playing with the phone. Go to Sprint stores and ask reps what they use and why.

Note that there are good Nexus S Facebook, LED, microSD, Email, Text, & Camera Workarounds.

Check out the Phone Comparison for more on hardware.

Whatever you get, try it out as long as you can and get whatever feels right to you. You will use this phone all day, every day for 730 days.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you are coming from a small phone? Whatever you pick, spend quite a bit of time in the store playing with the phone. Go to Sprint stores and ask reps what they use and why.

Note that there are good Nexus S Facebook, LED, microSD, Email, Text, & Camera Workarounds.

Check out the Phone Comparison for more on hardware.

Whatever you get, try it out as long as you can and get whatever feels right to you. You will use this phone all day, every day for 730 days.

I don't think it's good advice to tell someone to ask a Sprint associate what they use and why... What do you use? O yea.. why... cause they gave it to me....

Also, every time I go to sprint the person that ATTEMPTS to help me always has a phone by the same maker that I'm looking at. Same guy, I know what he's up to!

Zalmy2#IM

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Tnx ton guys for the info. After all ur comments I think I'm gonna get the nexus s my sprint upgrade is due in few weeks! The official price on sprint is $100 is the best price or can I get it somewhere for cheaper?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Tnx ton guys for the info. After all ur comments I think I'm gonna get the nexus s my sprint upgrade is due in few weeks! The official price on sprint is $100 is the best price or can I get it somewhere for cheaper?

Its cheaper on Amazon I think

From Nexus with love

Zalmy2#IM

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Ah ah well lol too bad ya missed the free nexus at best buy

From Nexus with love

The free was only for new sprint customers... BTW how's the call quality on this phone? compared to blackberry (that I have right now) that has massive call quality. And also speaker quality?

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It was free for everyone on every carrier that carries it. I checked. But that's neither here nor there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781