Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chud
  • 1 Post By chud
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Default Rent movie through Google, Play on Xbox?

This is probably a dumb question, coming from me, and I'm probably going to answer it myself while writing this.

First, dumb me again, figured out I could mount my Nexus to my Xbox last night and watch my videos. Yea, some people are probably like how did you not know you could do that; but, the Epic wouldn't mount. Which leads me to believe it was because of the Samsung made file system. (RTF). Where, the epic is EXT4. (Thinking about it now, though; I never tried it after I rooted and converted to EXT4 on my Epic. Would it have worked then? Anyone confirm?)

So, when you rent a movie from from Google: do you stream it; or, do you download the file? If you download the file (Which here's the dumb part because I'm pretty sure if you do DRM is going to prohibit this) is there a way to mount and watch on the Xbox?

Better yet, is there anyway to watch something you rent on the market on your TV through an Xbox? (I only ask Xbox because it's the only thing I have plugged into my TV besides an Optimum Cable Box).

I just can't wait till the day everything has HDMI out on it, lol. Well, I guess I could have gotten a phone with it; but, hopefully the next Nexus will had it; which, it should (And hopefully it's for Verizon. I want in. Yes, yes. But Sprint can't keep unlimited forever)

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui/Pete's Kernel

Default Re: Rent movie through Google, Play on Xbox?

Why not just sign up for netflix and play it through your xbox? At the price of renting one movie through googles market you're already at half the price of streaming netflix lol. Just a thought

I came in here to A) laugh at him answering his own question like he often does and B) suggest the Netflix route as well.

Does the Google rental offer more recent and current releases though? I ditched my Netflix because of their poor selection.
    BlackHawkA4 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    I came in here to A) laugh at him answering his own question like he often does and B) suggest the Netflix route as well.

Does the Google rental offer more recent and current releases though? I ditched my Netflix because of their poor selection.
    A) I should keep a journal to write my ideas; as, I often answer them as soon as I type them
    B) I have Netflx

And it was just a theory/question. Netflix streaming has everything old. Google has some newer titles; which, I could get via DVD with my Blockbuster Account; but, sometimes you just don't want to wait. Although, now with Blockbuster if I have something I got in the mail I can hop into a store and get a movie now.

So, really. I wouldn't use this feature. Just curious.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui/Pete's Kernel

I wasn't tryin to be a smartass or poke fun, I was just tryin to offer a suggestion lol. I'm honestly not sure about your question though.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigosrs View Post
    I wasn't tryin to be a smartass or poke fun, I was just tryin to offer a suggestion lol. I'm honestly not sure about your question though.
    Just ignore him and watch the magic process as he answers the questions that nobody is asking.
    BlackHawkA4 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    Just ignore him and watch the magic process as he answers the questions that nobody is asking.
    HA HA.

No, but seriously. When you rent a movie from the Market: how does it work? Do you stream it; or, is it a file you can download for offline viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    HA HA.

No, but seriously. When you rent a movie from the Market: how does it work? Do you stream it; or, is it a file you can download for offline viewing?
    No clue cause I'm rooted.

Like a boss.

Can I watch my movie without Internet connection?

You can download your movie for offline viewing if you have a Motorola Xoom. Otherwise, you will need to be connected to the Internet to be able to watch your movie on your computer.
    Before you ask....earlier they lumped computers and "flash enabled devices" into the same group, separate from the Xoom, so I am ASSuming that you're streaming on the phone.

You can choose either. You can stream it if you want or download and watch later (like on a plane or something)... not sure how to get it on your TV though.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenstebo View Post
    You can choose either. You can stream it if you want or download and watch later (like on a plane or something)... not sure how to get it on your TV though.
    I wonder if, once downloaded, something like iMediaShare can connect it to the TV. I'd doubt it, but it would be cool.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I wonder if, once downloaded, something like iMediaShare can connect it to the TV. I'd doubt it, but it would be cool.
    So, I'm assuming that you can download the file; and, the time you have it depending on when you first start playing it. (Hense the needed video player.)

DRM needs to be smarter. If it's on the original device... and you play it through another device reading your device (IE Xbox) it should be able to play.

But I doubt it being you need the player and all.

Why is it so hard to actually PAY for your media.

When I watch a Google Play movie on Xbox, I just use the you tube app on the xbox. Your google play movies up under Account > Purchases.

You can watch everything you bought through the playstore on YouTube I don't know about rentals

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

No I have tried but cant seem to watch my google play movies using the YouTube app, after I have connected my device and linked it with my xbox one app youtube??