Pool Party

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone want some invites? If you do, message me or post your email address.

www.poolpartyapp.com

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.slide.poolparty

It's strictly a photo sharing thing for those of you who don't know. You make a "pool" which can be something like "Dogs" and then everybody posts pics pertaining to that subject matter. Just a rough example of course.

It could be fun, but like all of Google's products, it's invite only for now, so there aren't a ton of people on it.

Last edited:

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I used it this weekend with a group of 10 people for a 3 day music festival. Was really cool to see different perspectives, different stages and bands that I didn't make it to, and other peoples photo skills.

Everyone seemed to enjoy it so I would recommend it. We had a lot of fun with it...

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone want some invites? If you do, message me or post your email address.

www.poolpartyapp.com

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.slide.poolparty

It's strictly a photo sharing thing for those of you who don't know. You make a "pool" which can be something like "Dogs" and then everybody posts pics pertaining to that subject matter. Just a rough example of course.

It could be fun, but like all of Google's products, it's invite only for now, so there aren't a ton of people on it.

I like that idea; but, is there a way to just use it to host and what not? Or stick with Picasa? Matter face. I'll PM you. I'll try it myself. ;)

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I like that idea; but, is there a way to just use it to host and what not? Or stick with Picasa? Matter face. I'll PM you. I'll try it myself. ;)
If you go to the web browser page, you can copy paste each image's URL, so maybe.

Matter fact: I thought Google was killing the Picasa name... when is that happening? Are we going to see a new UI?
I hadn't heard anything more about that. Although I don't think this has anything at all to do with it. This was from one of the companies, Slide, that Google bought.

Everyone that PM'd me, I sent your invites. Steve too in this thread.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the web browser page, you can copy paste each image's URL, so maybe.

I hadn't heard anything more about that. Although I don't think this has anything at all to do with it. This was from one of the companies, Slide, that Google bought.

Everyone that PM'd me, I sent your invites. Steve too in this thread.

I know it has nothing to do with Poolparty; but, I'm wondering if they having a competition on who's going to win "Google Photos". Hmm, Picasa is outdated.

And being that Picasa still doesn't have a real app; and, the mobile site is terrible... As soon as I give this a try I'll see which i prefer.

I must admit. Google, for a mobile operating system owner, there mobile sites lack lot of things. On their own phones. Like being able to delete photos.... uh!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Notifications for people uploading pictures. That's a little much. That's like getting notifications for tweets and facebook status updates.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Notifications for people uploading pictures. That's a little much. That's like getting notifications for tweets and facebook status updates.
There's not much else to do with the app. I think you can also customize notifications by pool instead of globally.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
There's not much else to do with the app. I think you can also customize notifications by pool instead of globally.

True, lol. I don't know though. I guess it's REALLY picture orientated to have that. I would figure just comments would do. Hardcore photo sharing. I need to know and I need to know RIGHT NOW who's sharing pictures!!!