Sprint and Swype

Wolfsv

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I got bored. Redownloaded and tried again. I can't do it! It's so frustrating.

I think the only reason I ever used it on my Epic; was, because: Samsung messed up the stock android keyboard on 2.1/2.2 and it never worked right. And on 2.2 their keyboard was atrocious.

You need to uninstall both Swype & Swype Installer, before re-downloading the new installer...

nismospec

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
newbie here from the androidforums. they didn't seem as savvy as this forum, so i'm done with them.
now onto the topic, has anyone else noticed battery life suffering because of swype?

i know it said that it would "prevent the phone from sleeping", so is that the cause?
if so, is there anyway around it, or is that just something we have to deal with?

punchx

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I gave the sprint swype a whirl on my NS4G the last few days. "Swyping" is really fun and easy once you get the hang of it.. however using swype as a regular keyboard is pretty 'meh'. It's not that great of a keyboard.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
It was the only keyboard I used on my Epic. I never even used the physical keyboard. I've messed with every setting in there. I gave up and started using the GB keyboard when I got this phone and got use to it. I don't think I make any less mistakes; but, I find it easier/quicker to fix them. If the keys were bigger I'd love it.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I have bee using swype beta forever. I requested a download the fiest day out, haunt seen anything.

So are you saying wait for them? Or just reload the above download.

I'm in rooted cm7, so will this even work in my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12