Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

cdawg4501

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the HTC EVO 3D and while I don't hate it I don't quite love it either. I had the original EVO 4G from day one and I absolutely LOVED that phone but when the 3D came I had to have it. The honeymoon is over now and I'm past my 30 days. A great opportunity has come up for me to get a new Nexsus S. Should I or shouldn't I? And If I do what should I know coming from HTC and Sense to the Samsung and the Nexsus? My last experience with a Samsung was the Epic and I'm using that as a coaster for my beer now..

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
What is it about the EVO 3D that you didn't like? The Nexus S is an awesome phone if you like vanilla Android and Samsung quality of phones. I'm completely infatuated with mine, but there are others that have numerous complaints about it. I believe the screen is superior on the Nexus S. The phone is snappy. Call quality is the best that I have had on a smartphone. Game play is smooth. And the OS is stable. Plus there isn't any of that pesky bloatware on the device.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
What is it about the EVO 3D that you didn't like? The Nexus S is an awesome phone if you like vanilla Android and Samsung quality of phones. I'm completely infatuated with mine, but there are others that have numerous complaints about it. I believe the screen is superior on the Nexus S. The phone is snappy. Call quality is the best that I have had on a smartphone. Game play is smooth. And the OS is stable. Plus there isn't any of that pesky bloatware on the device.

I'd pretty much echo this. I made the move from EVO to Nexus S and love the cleaner feel of vanilla Android.Plus the size just feels great in the hand.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd pretty much echo this. I made the move from EVO to Nexus S and love the cleaner feel of vanilla Android.Plus the size just feels great in the hand.
I think having Google intervene on hardware made for its OS makes the device closer to Iphone in terms of smoothness of operation. My experience on an Android device was that there was more choppiness as compared to the iphone.

This Motorola acquisition could make for better devices integrating software and hardware in the future. I think I will wait for a Nexus Prime rather than just jump on a SGSII when it hits the US.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I also returned my EVO-3D for the Nexus-S 4G. I am a sucker for this Super AMOLED screen and pure stock. I am rooted with Oxygen 2.2.1 ROM and Matr1x 6.0 kernel. Phone is smooth as water and good battery life.

I had the EVO 4G too was just getting sick of a heavy brick phone. And the screen look washed out. Compared to the EVO 4G the Nexus-S feels like a big upgrade in tech. Compared to EVO-3D the Nexus is on par speed wise I just like the form factor better on the Nexus fits in the hand perfectly.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the HTC EVO 3D and while I don't hate it I don't quite love it either. I had the original EVO 4G from day one and I absolutely LOVED that phone but when the 3D came I had to have it. The honeymoon is over now and I'm past my 30 days. A great opportunity has come up for me to get a new Nexsus S. Should I or shouldn't I? And If I do what should I know coming from HTC and Sense to the Samsung and the Nexsus? My last experience with a Samsung was the Epic and I'm using that as a coaster for my beer now..

If you disliked the Epic that much, you might want to try the Nexus before buying. In the big picture it's the same phone minus the keyboard and TouchWiz (I've owned both).

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
hey cdawg, without knowing the details behind the "great opportunity" that lets you get a new Nexus for free I'd probably just wait and keep that cash and hope another "great opportunity" comes along in a month or two when the latest batch of fall phones starts rolling out. Nexus S is a great phone but except for the price, it's getting harder to tell people to jump on it this time of year.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude