Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jlee91780
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    cdawg4501's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

    I currently have the HTC EVO 3D and while I don't hate it I don't quite love it either. I had the original EVO 4G from day one and I absolutely LOVED that phone but when the 3D came I had to have it. The honeymoon is over now and I'm past my 30 days. A great opportunity has come up for me to get a new Nexsus S. Should I or shouldn't I? And If I do what should I know coming from HTC and Sense to the Samsung and the Nexsus? My last experience with a Samsung was the Epic and I'm using that as a coaster for my beer now..
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

    What is it about the EVO 3D that you didn't like? The Nexus S is an awesome phone if you like vanilla Android and Samsung quality of phones. I'm completely infatuated with mine, but there are others that have numerous complaints about it. I believe the screen is superior on the Nexus S. The phone is snappy. Call quality is the best that I have had on a smartphone. Game play is smooth. And the OS is stable. Plus there isn't any of that pesky bloatware on the device.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    What is it about the EVO 3D that you didn't like? The Nexus S is an awesome phone if you like vanilla Android and Samsung quality of phones. I'm completely infatuated with mine, but there are others that have numerous complaints about it. I believe the screen is superior on the Nexus S. The phone is snappy. Call quality is the best that I have had on a smartphone. Game play is smooth. And the OS is stable. Plus there isn't any of that pesky bloatware on the device.
    I'd pretty much echo this. I made the move from EVO to Nexus S and love the cleaner feel of vanilla Android.Plus the size just feels great in the hand.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

    Quote Originally Posted by bujin View Post
    I'd pretty much echo this. I made the move from EVO to Nexus S and love the cleaner feel of vanilla Android.Plus the size just feels great in the hand.
    I think having Google intervene on hardware made for its OS makes the device closer to Iphone in terms of smoothness of operation. My experience on an Android device was that there was more choppiness as compared to the iphone.

    This Motorola acquisition could make for better devices integrating software and hardware in the future. I think I will wait for a Nexus Prime rather than just jump on a SGSII when it hits the US.
    dyphx likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

    I also returned my EVO-3D for the Nexus-S 4G. I am a sucker for this Super AMOLED screen and pure stock. I am rooted with Oxygen 2.2.1 ROM and Matr1x 6.0 kernel. Phone is smooth as water and good battery life.

    I had the EVO 4G too was just getting sick of a heavy brick phone. And the screen look washed out. Compared to the EVO 4G the Nexus-S feels like a big upgrade in tech. Compared to EVO-3D the Nexus is on par speed wise I just like the form factor better on the Nexus fits in the hand perfectly.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

    HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

    Quote Originally Posted by cdawg4501 View Post
    I currently have the HTC EVO 3D and while I don't hate it I don't quite love it either. I had the original EVO 4G from day one and I absolutely LOVED that phone but when the 3D came I had to have it. The honeymoon is over now and I'm past my 30 days. A great opportunity has come up for me to get a new Nexsus S. Should I or shouldn't I? And If I do what should I know coming from HTC and Sense to the Samsung and the Nexsus? My last experience with a Samsung was the Epic and I'm using that as a coaster for my beer now..
    If you disliked the Epic that much, you might want to try the Nexus before buying. In the big picture it's the same phone minus the keyboard and TouchWiz (I've owned both).
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Leaving HTC for Nexus S. Maybe......

    hey cdawg, without knowing the details behind the "great opportunity" that lets you get a new Nexus for free I'd probably just wait and keep that cash and hope another "great opportunity" comes along in a month or two when the latest batch of fall phones starts rolling out. Nexus S is a great phone but except for the price, it's getting harder to tell people to jump on it this time of year.

Posting Permissions

B